The Amazon Prime Video thread

I watched the pilot for that, back in the days when you got to watch a pilot for free and vote on whether you think Amazon should pick up that series.

So the series was picked up and it was good? That’s nice! I’ll add it now.

Solid single season, was not renewed but it ended just where it should have. :)

So I’m experiencing one downside to this.

Let me explain. On my main amazon account, I’ve had prime through my brother’s account. Back in the day they let you do this, share your 2-day shipping with two other people. So that’s something I don’t want to get rid of. So someone at Qt3 had the idea, hey, why don’t you sign up under a different email, that way you can get Prime without disrupting your legacy Prime (2 day shipping only). It’s a great idea.

Today I’m discovering that when I installed the Prime Video app, it automatically logged me in under the old account. And when I signed out and signed in under this new account, it also signed me out on all the other amazon apps on my phone. That means I can’t access Amazon Music and more importantly Amazon Kindle.

Not a big deal. I’ll just never use Prime Video on my phone, that’s all. But still, very annoying.

Edit: Arrrrggh, Kindle deleted all the books I had on my phone when I signed out of the other amazon account.

Preacher is on Prime in the UK. Think it’s an AMC show in the US?
Avatar though is Netflix here - a recent addition. Might have been Prime before.

You’re missing:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Good Omens

Actually Maisel was already on the list. But Good Omens was not. It got mixed reception here, so I wasn’t sure if it was a good show or not. I believe it had its own thread. But I did add it to the queue/watchlist anyway.

I hate that their watchlist is Last In First Out btw. All the stuff that I thought I was adding first because it’s what I wanted the see the most is now at the very end of the list.

It got mixed reception? From who? Give me names, and we’ll get a posse together to go after them.

Impressions from this post onwards:

(The thread before that was just anticipating the release).

Oh hey, Amazon has a pretty good selection of Indian movies too.

Let’s see, these are ones I’ve already seen that were very good:
3 Idiots
Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (though I hated the last act)
Aisha (Jane Austin’s Emma done as an Indian movie)
Ankhon Dekhi
Bajrangi Bhaijaan
Fan
Hasee toh Phasee
Hindi Medium
Kapoor & Sons
Karwaan
Raazi
Sultan
Talaash
Ugly
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

And these I’ve heard good things about that I need to add to my watchlist:
102 Not Out
Aashiqui 2
Anand (1971) ?
D-Day ?
Gully Boy (best reviewed movie of 2019)
Hitchki
Karthik Calling Karthik
Meri Pyaari Bindu
Notebook
OK Jaanu
Pataakha
Patiala House
Photograph
Siddharth
Tumbbad

Looking forward to that.

I didn’t think Good Omens was all that good, but I did think Going Postal was fantastic.

I always worry about watching any adaptation of a book I love as much as I love Good Omens. There’s little chance it can live up to what’s in my head.

Damn it, now I don’t know what to do.
Maybe, we just hang you half way dead or something?

You know what, I have been really under the weather these past few days. So, maybe I am jumping to extremes. Perhaps a warning is in order.

:) I’m not actually sure what the problem was. I really enjoyed the book a lot.

Man, you just want to be all responsible don’t you? Well, a fella can get into a whole heap of trouble being responsible.

Good Omens was OK, I think. Not brilliant, although Sheen and Tennant are a delight, but OK. It helps to be familiar with the book; don’t think I’d suggest it to someone who isn’t.

I watched Jim Gaffigan’s latest stand up special, which is only on Prime Video (so far). As usual Gaffigan makes laugh a lot. What made this one different from all this other specials is that he has a lot of horse jokes in this one.

Loved the first half of the series, but the second half just loses momentum.

A LOT of horse jokes.

Relevant to my interests!

Not so much.

That’s cool. As are the bunch of classic Bond movies.

This looks interesting, too.

And a shit-ton of Bond movies.