The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

“The wall doesn’t harm puppies, Mr. President. It only harms illegal aliens. If you touched it, you’d be crossing over into Mexico, thus becoming an illegal alien, and the wall would kill you.”

Just hire some Mexican mimes.

OK, someone HAS to do a short comedy film about The President’s New Wall now.

Laughing out loud!

I just googled after making the joke and Ellen did, but it could be better.

I refuse to joke about Vanessa Trump bc it's NEVER funny when a couple files for an uncontested quick divorce, one where assets can be swiftly transferred, on the same day an independent special counsel subpoenas their family business. People, this could happen to you someday.

— John Fugelsang (@JohnFugelsang) March 16, 2018

I imagine prosecutors would have a way around that.

The invisible wall? Unless they are also mountain climbing Mexican mimes, I don’t see a way around that.

They want my privacy?

Yes, yes, his five kids are obviously Trump Jr’s highest priority.

Yeah, someone should have proofread that.

You know what?

Fuck this whole family.

Dude, think of the children! No, seriously, think of the children that would be produced by all that fucking. The Trump family has already way over-reproduced and there needs to be a culling.

Take care of the entire family like the tsar’s.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/sanders-says-trump-didnt-admit-lying-admitted-lying-canadas-prime-minister/

A Facebook friend posted this:

Reminder: the Stormy Daniels scandal is a scandal not merely because it is a sex scandal. It is a blackmail scandal and a national security scandal and a campaign finance scandal and an ethics scandal long before it is a sex scandal.

If Donald and Melania had an open arrangement that one or both of them could have lovers on the side, and that they were both cool with that within parameters they had set with each other, and if Donald’s affair with Stormy Daniels had gone on within those parameters, and neither of them were bothered by that, then it is nobody’s business but theirs how they conduct their marriage, provided that they weren’t jerks to other people with nontraditional arrangements like theirs.

But using the Trump Organization to pay Stormy Daniels for her silence is a scandal. And using campaign funds to pay her is a scandal. And having secrets that the President has to pay off with 6+ figure sums is a national security risk that is the biggest scandal of all. Does China know about other sexual partners that Trump has paid for their silences? Does Russia? Does the UAE or Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman? If so, how are they using that leverage?

And if the relationship with Stormy Daniels was infidelity (broke the rules of their marriage, even if the rules were as simple as “screw whomever you like, but be discreet about it; I never want to read about it in the newspaper”), then the adultery is a scandal, especially coming so soon after her pregnancy. But to be honest, that scandal is so much less relevant than the financial ethics scandals and the national security scandals that we really need to prioritize the former above the latter. Trump has painted himself as a rich mogul who surrounds himself with beautiful women, and his self-crafted public image does not place any firm boundaries around the opportunity for infidelity, or even seizing upon those opportunities. He has appeared in erotic entertainment in nonsexual roles, and has presented himself in Playboy Magazine and on the Howard Stern show as someone who constantly courts female attention, and may even act upon that attention. Remember, he has bragged on a hot mic about sexual assault in the context of women who were not his wife. Everyone who voted for him (and everyone who didn’t) knew that this was part of his persona, so there’s no surprise there, although there is a difference between sly implication which leaves the possibility of doubt, and hard evidence of infidelity.

I do think that any evangelical who defends this behavior while still moralizing about their political opponents’ behavior, and who would not tolerate this behavior from their fellow parishioners is a hypocrite, but hypocrisy is not an unusual trait in a religious person, and that scandal is theirs and not the President’s.

Trump’s evangelical defenders defend him on this issue because they have a paradigm where we are all sinners, but some of us are elect, and the elect can pray to Jesus for forgiveness, and Jesus will forgive them, and wash away their sins. It is interesting that Trump never claims to be born again, and yet evangelicals treat him as if he were. Trump’s evangelical supporters regard him as elect because he pushes policies they like and because Secretary Clinton would have pushed policies they don’t like. Dominionists like Trump because they think he will bring on the Apocalypse they prophesy will come, the “sinful Messiah” they have been looking to lead them into the final battle. That shit is nuts.

Somehow it is easier for evangelicals to support an adulterer than to support the wife of one.

I wonder what the reason for that could be… What is the difference between them that would cause this?

Oh, wait. I grew up and have lived my entire life in evangelical communities.

It’s because women are not reliable and trustworthy in evangelical circles.

Because her lewdness tempted a good man to sin, just like Eve. Duh.