The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

I thought Dean had just had a good showing in an early primary, and the yell was during a rally meant to springboard that good showing to an even better showing in the next primary. A better showing that never happened. Fact is, I don’t think a lot of people liked Howard Dean.

I listened to my local conservative talk radio station yesterday and almost to a caller the response was that they thought Trump was merely telling NRA members that their votes were what would keep Hillary from winning. That was almost 100% the reaction.

I think the speech was meant to rally the troops after a loss. I’m sure 5 seconds with Wikipedia will clear it up but I choose laziness!

Remember when “lipstick on a pig” was spun in to a huge insult and practically ran the news cycle for a while? People falling all over themselves demanding apologies and saying that isn’t what they meant.

I think the reason Trump is able to say the things he says is that he never really addresses the comment later, no matter how much people demand an apology or explanation. Most politicians, when they are called out on something, will either stand at a podium and issue an official apology, or will slink off and hide for a while. It’s not that the people are pushing them away, it’s that they do it to themselves. Trump does the opposite. He gets himself further out in to the public eye and just waves off any questions regarding the comments. “Eh, I was kidding” or “Bah, that happened yesterday. Sad. Don’t bring it up. Press people are dumb”.

If it keeps working, he may change the way politicians address scandles in the future

I’m sure that 100% of the callers that the producers allowed through the filters onto the show felt that way.

I always liked ol Howie Dean’s campaign that year. I mean, he was no Mike Gravel or (later, but still) Kucinich, but he seemed like a good enough horse to hitch my emotional/electoral cart to!

(It might be noted that I am very bad luck for Dem candidates I support)

We’ll know if it works if he’s elected president I guess.

[quote=“AntediluvianArk, post:1721, topic:78530”]What about Gary Johnson and Jill Stein?

Please update your equation to an equal 25% chance per candidate.[/quote]
Each candidate is either going to win or lose the election. Therefore, each candidate has a 50% chance of winning.

QT3 movie podcast listeners will be familiar with these odds.

I’m 95% sure that the 50% post was a joke.

It either was or wasn’t. 50% chance.

There are two jokers in this thread. What is the probability that the other one is BadSport?

One in seven.

Does one of them appear in a living room window?

English is not being my main language, isn’t this thread’s title redundant? Since apparently all he says is stupid.
Also, am I in some list now? 50% chance at least, no?

Also also, you guys went around promoting democracy, government of the people for the people, I’m starting to think the rest of the world has cause for a lawsuit… :D

Pretty please with sugar on top, keep that dude away from the nukes?

As if his itty bitty fingers could even reach the red button.

While I live in California I am actually in a very republican part of California. So the producer didn’t need to keep out the other calls because there probably weren’t many. And the afternoon host is pretty kick back so he does get some “left leaning” calls.

Secret Service spoke to Trump campaign about 2nd Amendment comment

A US Secret Service official confirms to CNN that the USSS has spoken to the Trump campaign regarding his Second Amendment comments.

There has been more than one conversation" on the topic, the official told CNN. But it’s unclear at what level in the campaign structure the conversations occurred.
The campaign told the USSS that Donald Trump did not intend to incite violence, according to the official.
No such meeting or conversation ever happened,” Trump tweeted in response to CNN’s report.

Quelle surprise.

Has this been covered yet? It’s so hard to keep up with all the stupid stuff Trump says.

That…that can’t be right…can it? Oh god, what if it is? I mean…he actually said that?