The Anacrusis - L4D follow-up by Chet

Sorry, I am only speaking for myself. I couldn’t care less what IGN says.

Their reviews mean to me, less than a dogs fart.

Me too, but their gameplay video is not doing the game any favors.

The name can’t help either. Sounds like an itchy rash treated by a topical cream.

It’s not as bad as Solasta. Do not take Solasta if you may be pregnant or difficulty breathing!

True. Sounds like an infection of the Taint. Devil’s ridge…

Watched the video review, for all the shooting they show and orange goo blood spraying on screen when a weapon hits, everything looks too clean.

The unfamiliarity I refer to is steam forums are a place where people are going to express themselves about your game, sometimes and even often times in ways you’re not going to like.

In that sense I guess you’re right, it’s good he’s figured it out as it’s likely going to come up a lot.

why does everyone in this game look like austin powers

From the talk here I was expecting the animations and other stuff to be far worse. I’m not saying they’re good, but just not anywhere near as bad as I was expecting.

My understanding is that this isn’t a AAA game or anything. I don’t know how big the dev team is, but they had a blog post from May 2020 where they talked about going from 2 to 10 people. For an early access release from a small team, this looked a lot better than many of their peers. Were people’s expectations higher because it’s a former Valve guy?

I’m not really sure what answer there is to that other than that was the style they were going for.

Most complaints aren’t about the presentation, I like the aesthetic myself. The IGN review, at least, said it was boring and unexciting. That cuts to the heart of the game, the director 2.0 is supposed to avoid that. If it doesn’t do that, the game is a failure.

No. I fully expected this to look like a game made by an indie team. The problem is there are like a dozen L4D-alikes out now either newish or still having healthy communities to choose from. This does not look good in comparison.

Yeah I guess that’s my main worry for the game - I was happy that The Anacrusis was coming to Game Pass on release, but now I’ve also got Back 4 Blood and Alien Fireteam, and I really don’t need three of these kinds of games. I guess I need to sort out which one my friends and I will enjoy the most.

Does anyone else see Anacrusis as Analcrises?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Now I do!

Whoa. Hardcore. That’s like a 6.5 on the 7-9 scale.

-Tom

It’s off the charts, Tom! Off the charts!

Actually the infamous IGN 7-9 scale looks to be dead. Going back through their scores on opencritic I see a smattering of 4s and 5s. Other recent 5s of note include the shitty GTA remake, the crappy COD: Vanguard, Necromunda, Breathedge (which I don’t know anything about but can only assume involves autoerotic asphyxiation), and the Terminator: Resistance DLC.

Looks like the game is available for install from Game Pass. Who’s gonna take one for the team?

This is a good warning, since I am definitely difficulty breathing.

Maybe that’s where Breath Edging comes in.