The Arma 3 hype thread

So now my dream of roleplaying as E.T. in Arma Life is realized.

If it has Martian tripods I’m sold. My concern is the anal probing will be janky.

God, I wished this would run better. I have a GTX 1080 Ti, but I still get less than 60 fps in this game, with regular stuttering, and where both the CPU and GPU are running at only 30-40% utilization.

I’ve tried changing all kinds of settings, but nothing works.

Single core optimized engine. Throw as many cores at it as you want to, does no good.

So what’s new with the greatest Arma3 mission of all time, Antistasi?

Well, there’s actually two versions of it now. The first is the classic version, which really hasn’t been in development for a while. Boo. However, the “community” has picked it up and fixed a lot of stuff in the original.

The best place to grab it is off the github page, not Steam workshop. https://github.com/official-antistasi-community/A3-Antistasi-1.4

There’s also a new single-player reworking of the mission. It tweaks many variables to make the mission less daunting for SP. Unfortunately, the creator mysteriously based his mod on the old version of Antistasi, not the community version, so it’s really not worth playing. Stick with the Community version, even for SP.

Was looking into getting that yesterday but saw there were so many versions available, i’ll grab the one you linked to and see if that gets me back into ARMA.

6th anniversary coming on Sept 12th.

Dang, can’t believe it’s been that long. Does it seem to you like ArmA 3 didn’t get as much traction as ArmA 2?

I would say Arma 2 had a bit more because the DayZ craze, but otherwise the same?

I’ve been playing Overthrow and I like it better than Antistasi. OT expands on the AS concept of citizen loyalty by giving you lots of different missions to lower stability in towns to take them over. This ties into the economic side trading goods, smuggling drugs, and leasing buildings. Plus you can graffiti buildings and smoke weed. It also feels less janky (although still has lots of jank).

I will definitely try it. Antistasi, its legions of bugs, and its glacial development (in the hands of some randos after the original creator abandoned it) has finally turned me off it.

Wow, Overthrow looks like my kind of jam. AND single player to boot.

Overthrow is pretty decent single player. You have to start it through hosting your own lan server rather than through the campaign menu.

Does suck sometimes, especially when you have a drug delivery mission on the other side of Altis, you spend 30 minutes driving there while avoiding checkpoints, just to get randomly shot right before you make the drop off.

I’m impressed so far with the new “Old Man” mod. It’s what Arma has been crying out for - an official single player sandbox game.

It’s impressive how far some people push the ARMA 3 engine, as far as playable mod releases go it is only a Proof of Concept at the moment yet that does not make Nassau 1715 any less impressive of a feat to me. I would not have expected to see someone attempt to recreate a slice of the 18th century West Indies and Age of Sail back when ARMA 3 first released.

What’s this mod?

Yeah, nice work there, Sam S, you dick-tease :)

I just looked up the mod, looks neat:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1938939381

Well I hope you’re happy, you finally did it.

Wow. Somebody breaking their Arma 3 cherry. Welcome to the rabbit hole.

ALREADY DOWNLOADED SIX PAGES WORTH OF MISSIONS. HELP.