The Assignment - Michelle Rodriguez is a woman!

This has to be one of the dumbest concepts I’ve seen for a movie that’s not intentionally a comedy.

Michelle Rodriguez, Sigourney Weaver, Anthony LaPaglia, and Tony Shalhoub

Directed by Walter Hill!?

But I like a lot of those actors and actresses.

I’m not going to watch that preview, since I avoid previews, but I gotta say, I love this thread title. It really makes me wonder what this movie could be about. But I don’t want to know. I just love the mystery of it.

Holy fuck.

How. . .

How did. . .

Okay.

I’ll give you a hint. It already came out in Canada with the name “(Re)Assignment”

I feel like future generations will cite this movie as evidence of how we in the twenty-aughts and twenty-teens all felt about transgender issues, regardless of how good or terrible the movie is.

Wacky science combined with sensitive social issues always make for quality cinema.

Heh. That’s not a hint. You just gave the whole game away! Damn. That was not even remotely what I was thinking, but now the title can’t be read to mean anything else.

Oh no, my friend. If you haven’t seen the trailer, you don’t know half of it.

So this is streaming on Amazon Prime now.

It’s Showgirls bad…

Well, one would assume so from the trailer. It always amazes me how they get good actors to be a part of such crappy movies sometimes.

So, Amazon is listing this as “Tomboy”, rather than “The Assignment”. Either way, I can see why this has gotten some terrible reviews already. I think I’ll pass.