The BF2 Tank Testing Yard

Well, I’m playing around on CoH at this moment, but I’m over here watching the gaming forum when there’s a time down. Just gimme a time you can be on to show me. Though, once Anti-Bunny gets done with work, it’ll be CoH again.

I’m in the game right now, it’s 7pm EST. I’ve blown the tank up a hundred times. I’ll wait around for an hour to see if anyone comes along. No guarantees on the 1 shot. It’s really random. I’ve gotten it once out of 50 tanks. But I can demonstrate the two shot easily.

K

Anybody tried to hit the swivel for the 1 shot kill?

On the oil fields map i usually spend my time defending the gas station. there is an fixed TOW there that i have grown quite familiar with. I have had different results than what the original poster came up with. That Tow and the Chinese counterpart seem to work on a 2:1:1

I’ve tried to figure out the secret to the one shot kill waiting around for the other guys to see. (I did demonstrate the consecutive two shot kill.) The one shot is really random. I’ve tried hitting most other places on the tank, but this increases the number needed to take it down, including the swivel area, the command area, the driver’s seat, a very flat target at the front, the gun’s traverse area, the tip of the gun… Man, I even tried hitting the antennae when I was bored. It just seems to be a head on shot at the barrel. I think the trick, is that the server has to see the barrels lined up. Just because you see it, doesn’t mean it is so. If there was a way to turn on the hitboxes like you can in Counter Strike, that might be key. They may be off from what you are actually seeing graphically. Or the barrel’s hitbox may be really small.

K

Aside from the head on shot to the turret, it might be that there is a random factor to the damage done. For all you D&D geeks like me, it could be 5+3d6 or some such.

Personally, I have the most fun when I’m acting as tour guide for even a moderately skilled gunner in the attack helicopter. I spend most of my time paying attention to the little indicator in the pilot’s HUD that indicates which direction the gunner is looking and try to use it to guess if a gunner would like me to rotate in one direction or the other.

If you see me heading for the helos, though, don’t just use the “I need a ride macro”, if only because I tend to miss who said it and where they are. Use chat instead.