The biggest news at The Game Awards was Epic's launch of their store

Title The biggest news at The Game Awards was Epic's launch of their store
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When December 7, 2018

The Game Awards 2018 had all the awkwardness, pomp, and marketing one would expect of a video game industry celebration. Between Christoph Waltz going to bat for keyboard and mouse, and Joel McHale not embarrassing everyone, there were premieres for lots of new games..

Read the full article

Dad of War is next up for me to play, once I finished RDR2. It must be really damn good.

Also no doubt EPIC is using their Fortnite money bin to give the new EPIC store running start.

Seems to me if anyone can really hurt Steam it’s these guys.

Speaking personally, I have everything on Steam bar maybe a dozen games on GoG and I have U play for maybe 3 games.

I’m not sure I have room for another service.

I might sigh up for free subnautica, I’ve heard it’s good.

There’s no store wide DRM, so it’s already a step above Steam. Plans for automated 14 day return policy sound good too.

Subnautica is amazing.

There’s no store-wide DRM on Steam either.

Some games check for the steam.dll but apparently that’s trivial to bypass by pirates. Some old games have further activation through SecuROM or Tages.

I’ve had to run some NoDVD/CD cracks on some games where the dev is gone but the copy protection remains without a remote activation. Or with GFW. On both Origin and Steam.