The Black Lives Matter movement

I’m surprised they weren’t able to snuff this guy out during jury selection.

As far as they undecided jurors go, if it truly wasn’t Racism! then I can only imagine they were confused about the alleged physical confrontation beforehand and didn’t understand the situation had de-escalated when the victim started running. You’d think prosecutors would’ve explained that.

Or maybe they were moved by the sorrow expressed by Slager, which again shouldn’t happen. Very bizarre overall.

Yeah, “undecided” isn’t as damning as “I don’t give a shit what you tell me. He’s innocent.”

The Georgia cop killer is dead, which reminds me of the problem faced by those people hoping for change from juries refusing to convict cop killers: the cops will just kill them instead of arresting them.

Back to the drawing board.

It’s possible the guy may have killed himself. Reports I’ve read so far haven’t been entirely clear.

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/806859305760751616

Pro-police websites blamed the fire at Stokes’ home on “terrorists” associated with the civil rights group.

Prosecutors now believe the 41-year-old Stokes wrote the message to help cover up his crime, although they’re not sure why.

Similar to this story from a couple of months ago.

“She must have tagged the place herself,” one neighbor said. “I don’t know why you’d do that, if you’re gonna stage a robbery, I mean really come on, you’re a cop’s wife. You should know better.”

Maria Daly faces charges of filing a false police report and misleading a police investigation.

Nobody knows why these folks would have tried to shift the blame onto BLM. Huh.

Yea, police are calling it a self inflicted gun shot to the head. There is nothing that indicates the swat team ever shot at him. But there isn’t much out yet.

Okay fair enough. It was more a trigger to remind me how jury nullification won’t solve this problem.

This individual is not black, but this seems as good as place as any to put this:

Regardless of what happened before this moment, fist bumping while this is going on is completely inappropriate. I just can’t imagine what went through their mind to do something so… thoughtless like this.

It’s almost like they literally see themselves as an occupying force keeping control over a subhuman population. Thanks, war on drugs!

Andrew Young on Black Lives Matter…

Black Lives Matter protesters who blocked expressways committed a felony and acted “like people who were angry, and when you lose your temper in a fight, you lose the fight,” said Young, a close friend of King who was executive director of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference in the 1960s. "You see people get emotional in games and do something stupid, and it costs you 15 yards and maybe the game. That’s true in life.

“These young people got angry and not thoughtful, and that’s dangerous. It’s not being militant, it’s being stupid. Dr. King used to say in order to be free, you’ve got to overcome the love of wealth and the fear of death. If people can’t buy you out or scare you out, then you can be free. But losing your temper, for me, is probably the worst sin.”

The older generation not understanding the younger generation… shocking. Even Civil rights leaders can’t avoid an generation gap.

I’m sure in the 60s in America there was plenty of pent up rage. I’m sure some people advocated smashing the window fronts of “white only” places and harassing and assaulting groups of white people, or even ambushing the police. Incidentally this anger seemed to have transferred in the 70s to the Black Panthers, SDS, etc. But I think the beauty and strength of MLK Jr., besides his tenacity and oratory skills, was his commitment and the commitment of others around them to non-violence. Images of non violent protestors being hosed down and attacked by dogs while not fighting the police back certainly got the general public on their side.

The narrative of real victim vs. unruly thug is a powerful one. Very, very powerful. The instant there is violence from a movement it can be dismissed by everyone. Non violent non-compliance and choking the court systems with lawsuits and non violent, peaceful but firm people is the way to go.

I do think one major difference is that in the 60’s there was visible, able leadership guiding the movement. There was seemingly a “single spokesmen”, although I don’t know if that was literally true.

BLM suffers from having not having that.

The “War on Christmas” don’t exist. What exist is the “Siege Sentiment” that some evil people use to control groups of religious people.

But not all hollydays matter the same. Obviusly. Theres big holidays and small holidays even withing inside the same culture. “Everything is the same and identical” is just the dumb way Identity Politics look away from reality into the fiction they want to believe.

I’d mostly agree with that, but feel compelled to point out that there’s nothing inherently religious about that particular trick. It’s just a matter of picking something, anything, that people feel culturally and tribally attached to and letting them know that others are hating on them for it. Whether its religion or confederate flags or a sport the play is exactly the same.

Completely agree.

“A former friend” yeah… I’ll bet.

It’s crazytown how current anti-BLM folks are literally repeating crap that folks said to MLK.

No one has ever accused idiots of being original or clever.