The Black Lives Matter movement

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/minneapolis-parks-board-responds-to-claims-police-drew-guns-on-4-black-children

In the post accompanying the video, Lindell said she’d earlier seen the four children harassed by an older white teenager, who was allegedly spouting racial slurs at them “and aggressing them with a metal trash can lid,” while a girl was seen with him on the phone to someone.

Lindell and her partner moved on when some other people came in to deescalate the situation.

However, police arrived a short time later, and the people who had earlier deescalated the confrontation told Lindell that the officers jumped out of their cars “guns already drawn, with guns right in the children’s faces.”

The city here does have pools in various parts of the city. Many were in poor shape until money was put into them a few years ago. They are now building what they call splash parks instead of pools, where kids can run in and out of water. You won’t learn to swim that way, but at least when it’s 100 outside you can get wet.

In this thread because I’m pretty sure the ‘thin blue line’ flags are intended to be a direct response to BLM.
Civics lesson for today.
An acceptably desecrated flag:

An offensively desecrated flag:

The upper image is a ‘thin blue line’ flag (there are a couple of these flying in my neighborhood).
Lower image is from an art project:

I thought desecrating the flag was an offence no matter to what degree?

Flag desecration is nowhere a crime in the US. First amendment.

Ahh ok. My bad then.

But, in that case…why is there “acceptable” and “unacceptable” desecration, as per the post above me. That’s what got me confused.

It refers to a university removing a piece of art featuring a desecrated flag because they thought it might be offsensive.

It’s an “in the eye of beholder” type thing. Anything done to a flag is likely to offend certain groups and not others.

I’m pretty sure they predate BLM. I know I have seen them going back at least 7 years ago.

I feel like this could go in any number of topics we have here.

Race shit tendency!

Gotta love that

“If the party nominated Hitler, are you gonna vote for him?”

Pause…

“That is a far-fetched hypothetical question Don”

No denial…

“I’m just voting for Hitler’s economic policies.”

What about all the good things Hitler did?

Yep that’s Shasta some of our awful distant family said when they voted for trump. I was like, “That’s straight out of Nazi Germany”.

My black Republican friend literally said he voted for Trump to “support his party.”

He’d vote for Hitler as long as there was an R next to his name.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article213647764.html?__twitter_impression=true

“If they have burglaries that are open cases that are not solved yet, if you see anybody black walking through our streets and they have somewhat of a record, arrest them so we can pin them for all the burglaries,” one cop, Anthony De La Torre, said in an internal probe ordered in 2014. “They were basically doing this to have a 100% clearance rate for the city.”

In a report from that probe, four officers — a third of the small force — told an outside investigator they were under marching orders to file the bogus charges to improve the department’s crime stats. Only De La Torre specifically mentioned targeting blacks, but former Biscayne Park village manager Heidi Shafran, who ordered the investigation after receiving a string of letters from disgruntled officers, said the message seemed clear for cops on the street.

I hope he’s been enjoying all the emboldened bigots making Living while Black a bit harder than it was before the election.

Thanks - I did not know that.