The Black Lives Matter movement

Hard to understand how these folks fail to see themselves flushing their jobs down the toilet as they call the cops. CVS will have no choice but to fire them both.

How dumb do you have to be to not understand that you should just give her the $2 or whatever the coupon was worth? Take the coupon and let corporate sort it out.

However, I wonder why she wouldn’t say what product it was. She calls out CVS to get them to step in, clearly, but she could get help on the product side if she noted what it was she was trying to buy.

What is an herb in this context?

I’d have just let her film whatever she wanted to film and let her send it to corporate.

I’d have notified the higher ups that I had had issues with the coupon first through.

I don’t see myself calling the cops though, unless I can honestly say she’s threatening people etc.

All of the above is if I were the manager .

Couldn’t they just have called head office ?

It just seems so clear to me.

Scan the coupon. If it doesn’t read, tell the customer that there must be some sort of weird error and she should contact the manufacturer. Be nice. But if the customer then continues to complain there should be some sort of escalation procedure. This is CVS, not a mom and pop shop. It must happen all the time.

When i worked in retail in the 90s, wee basically always just gave anything to the customer they wanted, because it was never worth arguing.

Yeah, I bet that’s what the guidance from corporate actually is. I mean this was a particularly high priced coupon (like $17.99), but just give her the item, seriously. For the same reason these companies fire people who chase after robbers - not worth it. If it’s a fake coupon, suck up the loss. This is a multi-billion dollar company.

weakling

From something I read elsewhere, it was for some sort of incontinence med, which might be why she didn’t identify it.

If these Republicans really worried about our tax dollars, they’d stop flushing our money down the toilet by calling the cops all the time for such petty, ridiculous things.

Right? It’s $2. Just give it them. Let corporate sort it out later, if they even want to bother with it.

Got in a little trouble for forging 5 pages worth of signatures to get a bike path made in his little town. Awww.

Yup. That’s a punchable face alright.

Get better friends.

Wait, what woman was this?

This bitch woman.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-news-woman-hangs-toddler-avoids-prison-20180717-story.html?outputType=amp

Good Lord. Let’s hope that judge was right, I guess, but that’s bananas. She should have gotten at least 5 years for that shit.

If she breaks her probation she gets like 183 months.

Which makes one ask why the hell you’d give someone facing 15 years probation.

It’s shit like this that gets us terrible minimum sentencing laws.

Initially I felt outrage too. A black woman in Texas gets 5 years for voting, this women gets probation? But then, the problem here isn’t that the judge decided that mental illness shouldn’t result in long term incarceration in lieu of treatment, the problem lies with the inane sentences other people get for trivial violations.

I don’t think I actually have a problem with that sentence, given some caveats I don’t see in the story: she served 20 months already, she gets many years of probation. But I don’t see any evidence that she was ordered to get mental health treatment and observation, and I don’t see any evidence that she was ordered to pay any compensation for the people she injured.

If both of those are included, and of course assuming her story is true, then the sentence probably provides something approaching “justice.”