The Callisto Protocol - Dead Space spiritual successor?

This worth picking up for $20 during the current steam sale?

I sorta feel it will eventually be a humble bundle game. D:

I enjoyed it more than I was expecting. Enemy variety is not great. The dodge gimmick is, well, a gimmick. Once you figure it out - it’s pretty easy to cheese. Story was alright - tried too hard to be Dead Space. Atmosphere was great. I enjoyed the main protagonists. Excellent mocap/models/voice work. One section overstays its welcome a bit, but the game wasn’t too long. The ending is a bit abrupt and leads directly into the DLC which I have not played.

Down to $15 now, at this rate it will be free by the end of year.

So the folks at Striking Distance are working on a new project set in the Callisto Protocol world (but isn’t Callisto Protocol 2, they mention) that looks to be possibly a twin stick roguelike sort of thing? There’s a trailer, anyway -

Callisto Protocol?

More like Crawl in Narrow Spaces Protocol!

Thanks to Canuck who gifted me the game. I’m playing this. It’s impressive graphically, it’s very cinematic, and precisely because of that it’s very poor gameplay wise. It strikes me as the type of game that tried to so hard to be a cinematic experience that forgoed little things like a map, a quest journal, less linear scenarios, a deeper melee system, more weapon variety, so the end result is a very limited experience.