The Capcomming of Soulcalibur V

I'm not sure I should even point out to you the absurdity of using a fan site as a reference. Of course they're going to be biased and think the reviewer doesn't have a clue, because, after all it's a frakking fan site, they're not biased at all.

No, an educated player does not have the ability to give a review for all parties. Someone who understands the controls like the back of their hand and loves online play will in the majority of cases be incapable of providing information about accessability or an unbiased take on the single player experience.

It's every bit as much of a personal bias as what you're complaining about.

Yes, there should be reviews written by educated players for educated players. No, these should not be the only reviews that exist.

I AGREE WITH HIM.

-Where the FUCK is the Dungeon mode(which had a replay mode right after it)?
-Where the FUCK is the Special Vs. Mode? and Team Battle?
-Why can't Namco explain the story for every other character besides the fucking wonder twins?
-Why the FUCK is Kilik, Elysium(Sophitia Incarnation of Soul Calibur) random select clones of Edge Master when he is ALREADY IN THE GAME? I don't want to hear some shit like "oh, Kilik is the apprentice to Edge master" if in that case, he should've been a random select character in SC2-4 and not SC1 since he was learning from him in that game.
Same goes for Elysium, She was based off of one persons incarnated thoughts and thats Patroklos. She should've played like herself or like Pyrrha omega with a mix of the Soul Calibur side of Algol. Waste of a slot son.

No art mode, or cinematic mode shows that this game was rushed as well.

But do I say that the game is bad? no, it will be fun for a while but due to the lack of the content that made the SC series replayable, idk. And I shouldnt have to feel the need to go to a tourney or local casuals in order to get my share of fun in this game. it should be BETTER.

I completely agree with you aaron. And the worst part of this review is that he doesn't go on and talk about all the single player modes, just the story. Theres also a Legendary battle and Quick battle to get all of your CPU battle needs. Those modes have a huge and varied difficulty and play styles that in my opinion adds a lot to the single player experiance

Thank you for voicing this opinion in the comment section of a review you have decided is terrible by a reviewer you have decided does not matter based on things he did not actually say.

@8c6735b8d7f76ade9957442552bb2dc6:disqus Good job failing to see my point. Do you even know what an analogy is?

The AI isn't really that cheap , outside of Legendary Souls, where I believe it's reading inputs. They made an effort to make the AI a learning tool, and it works.

Honestly, I am one of those serious business-type players, and I can see where you're coming from, as you're a casual player, and you guys generally subsidize us, outside of smaller games like KOF which can survive on the hardcores (and is excellent)

This game, as a package for competitive players, is excellent- it might even surpass VF5FS later this year. That said, for non-competitive players, it's barebones. It was also rushed. I also believe there are questions about the quality of the game right now- too early to tell.

I think a 2/5 review score is unfair, deserved a 3/5, I would have given 4/5.

I really don't think you should be reviewing fighting games designed primarily for the competitive market though, though in the case of SCV, the other SC's had a casual focus so I can see why you would look at this.

David, the contradiction is quite clear. In your post as much as in Andrew's. Either online has use or it does not. The fact that its uses are situational doesn't matter in the slightest.

You seem to be having trouble separating your elitist opinions from the facts. I'd look into that.

Also its Causus, thanks.

I'm more than a causual player for the Soul Calibur series. I can't get to tournaments but I take the franchise seriously.But what you said about SC5 is right on the head. I agree with you fully.Your review is perfect

This was a great review. Thank you. In fact, since I just stumbled across this site after seeing the low Halo 4 score and got instantly curious, I've wandered into this review from the Journey review FAQ. Excellent stuff and you've now become my go to reviewer. Thanks again for the well written and honest opinions!

When I said the same think about Fallout 3, everyone attacked me. Hell, many people that feel SC V lost what made the series good probably love Fallout 3, but for people who played the real Fallout games, Fallout 3 was the very definition of our Soul Calibur 5.