The Cloverfield Paradox - The next Cloverfield movie on Netflix

She’s solid on “The Fosters” - a show my kid watches religiously - too.

Man, this movie was a dumpster fire. None of it made any sense whatsoever. I didn’t understand the mixture of horror and scifi, particularly because neither was well done, nor did any of it tie together in any meaningful way. At least with Event Horizon, they pretty much just hand waved it away with “They went to Hell”, and with Sunshine, they said “That dude went fuckin nuts”. Here they were all “We’re mixed with another dimension. Or maybe more. Also, some of those could be bad, I guess.”

I know this movie was repackaged from a rando script into a Cloverfield project, but it really just feels like six scripts smooshed together pretty haphazardly, with no attempt to reconcile their tonal and narrative differences.

I can’t even express how baffling and awful this was. No one should watch this. Ever.

So you didn’t like it either? Man, I’m really surprised that everybody else in the thread said it was better than The Godfather Part 2. Marlon Brando is no John Goodman, admittedly, but The Godfather Part 2 was a pretty good movie even without John Goodman.

Appropriately for the movie it felt like scripts from two different universes had been mashed together, making both of them worse.

I watched the beginning of this not too long ago. Now I can’t remember any of it. Zero, zip, nada. Is that part of the appeal? Like anesthesia where you don’t remember the pain afterward?