The Crew Motorfest - The third Crew

I had a fantastic first impression. HDR was great on Xbox.

Played the donut playlist. The host of that one did a good job. More entertaining than the Horizon folks*, and everyone else I’ve seen was at least tolerable. But I’ll echo that guy above - a bit too chatty during races. I did like that everyone complains if you smash the car into stuff though.

I loved the first japan race during the intro. Didn’t love that playlist having a drift event you can lose and can’t skip. Got booted out with 3 hours left so I guess the trial is over.

Oh I forgot it was just a weekend thing. I quite liked it I think but having to drive forever to get to the next race was tedious. Maybe that was skippable.

I wish I’d gotten more time with it to explore Oahu. Oh well. Back to Starfield.

I ended up liking the game quite a bit. There’s too much talking at you, but the playlists are fun and the island looks quite different during each of them. I wish they’d kept the scale of the first two games, though. Oahu is beautiful, but the game feels a lot more compressed than its predecessors. Maybe that’s to it’s benefit, though, because the scale lets it be very focused on the festival motif and it does that well (much as I don’t care for it).

While I liked trying out different cars in the playlists, the end result was that my own car just didn’t matter much. I assume things open up later, but my starter car was effectively just a means of getting from one event to the next. There’s just not much else to do in the first few hours.

I don’t think I’ll be buying it any time soon, but it’s a competent Forza Horizon-esque.

Oh hey, wish granted. That same 5 hour free trial (if you haven’t already used up your 5 hours), will be extended from Oct 10th to Oct 20th. And the game will be discounted 20%.

Presumably it will be discounted even more after 20 October.

Thanks for the heads up @Rock8man.

Looking forward to playing this a bit more. Forza endurance laps can wait a couple days :)

I re-installed this and Forza Horizon 5 yesterday. It’s a driving game party on my Series X drive.

So I got an email about a free trial for this thing. Anyone dive in yet?

Free weekend this weekend:

Have loaded this and will give it a try. However, I’m currently playing so many racing games (EA WRC, F1 2023, Le Mans Ultimate, Forza Motorsport, and Forza Horizon 5 with my kid), so it may be tough to work into my rotation.