The Curse of Shrum

At 0-7, Adviser Bob Shrum Is Well Acquainted With the Concession Speech

By Mark Leibovich
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, September 10, 2004; Page C01

Each day at the Democratic convention in Boston, a team of 10 speechwriters would convene in a windowless office behind the Fleet Center podium to help compose and polish that night’s speeches. In the spirit of camaraderie, the speechwriters discussed making T-shirts for themselves.

One suggested a design featuring the slogan “Reverse the Curse” over a picture of Bob Shrum, the Democratic strategist whom many perceived to be presidential candidate John Kerry’s closest adviser. “The Curse” referred to Shrum’s career-long slump in presidential campaigns, a well-catalogued losing streak that runs from George McGovern to Al Gore.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A9895-2004Sep9.html

Personally I think Rove recommended JFK pick Shrum on purpose…

Mwuuuahhhhahahahahahahah (evil laugh)
Rove the evil genius at it again…

:lol:

The Democrats are rank amateurs at electioneering when compared to the Republican machine, that’s for sure.

Oh God this forum has become dominated by half a dozen assclowns on each side trolling each other.

Not quite true. I enjoy trolling both sides.

What is with the tit for tat topics? Can’t you GW cocksuckers at least pretend to have an original thought in your empty skulls?

Witness how he resists the trolling net and the obvious warnings around it. This is clearly a smart customer. Not only does he avoid getting entangled in an ugly discussion, but he raises the level of debate.

Eat shit and die, faggot.

That’s what we’re going for now, right?

This isn’t a troll, this is true. Republican have become masters at getting people to ignore th real issues that would sink their candidate, while at the same time building up worthless issues and catchphrases (flip-floper) that mean nothing, but people focus on. I agree with Democrats politically, but they sure don’t seem like they know how to run a dirty election, which may be the only election that can win.