The Division 2 - Make Washington D.C. Great Again

How does playing with friends work when you are at different levels? In the first one it was unplayable since the enemies were at the level of the host, but do they scale properly in this one?

It scales everyone up to just below the highest character. Damage output seems to scale pretty well, but the lower characters seem noticeably squishier so will need to play a bit more carefully.

Xbox clan is up and running with 8 players or so at the moment. Clan lvl 2

If you’re on PC I’m in a clan with room for a few more. The clan requirements to level up are pretty high, so you basically need to join a huge clan to ‘get anywhere’.

We also have a Qt3 clan for PC players. Definitely not a huge clan, though. More like a friends list, but that’s probably already in the game.

-Tom

Yea, would be nice if they did like in Diablo 3 where you could join a clan + communities.

Loot seems pretty good so far. Not only are there brand sets, each pieces also comes with bonus that is of particular type, which is used to unlock additional set bonuses that require either more or less than X of type Y stat to activate. Add specializations and random rolls on top and it’s a pretty good system, and that’s before you even factor in exotics.

I think the biggest problem with this game is how terrible the controls are. They are supremely clunky, with a seemingly ceaseless series of your character don’t things you doing intend, and then you getting killed as a result.

I was playing with my wife and daughter earlier today and the wife isn’t nearly as far into the game as we are. When my daughter and I got to the castle, we hit a bug where if you encounter the castle main mission with someone who isn’t eligible for it, you can’t enter it. They’re aware of the bug, as of yesterday, but we are now stuck, unable to advance the main story anymore.

At level 7 now, all solo. Died a few times, usually because when bad guys get up in your face the controls + 3rd person make for awkward CQB. Really loving the general gameplay and the scenery, though like TD1 there are a ton of places that look really good and detailed but which are actually inaccessible, even to the point that you can’t jump up on a two-foot tall thing that’s not been coded to allow you to jump on it. And you stop and don’t move if you run into a curb. Other than that, pretty slick.

Lvl 17, loving it! Difficulty is nothing to be scoffed at, at least solo. It’s very easy to die if you’re not careful.

Also, I can’t believe it took me over 10h to notice that the dot on the inside of the crosshair moves on its own - is that the difference between accuracy and stability? I figured outer crosshair is stability and inner is accuracy (bullet deviation). Can someone confirm?

I picked up a recording by Aaron Keller, one key person from Division 1. But I missed hearing what he said. I can’t seem to find a way to replay what I picked up. Ugh! Used to be able to get all these replays in the Map, by pressing M

So no one in DC can go to the bathroom apparently? :D

Almost level 4 , game is fantastic and looting is much improved over D1.

I’m trying to figure out how weapon mods work. I unlocked the ACOG x4 via the Perk. I now seem to have it equipped on multiple rifles. Which IIRC was not doable in Div1. So as opposed to Div1 they are no longer inventory items and I can put it on as many items as I want? This seems like a positive change, but I’m not sure I get it.

Do they basically form their own inventory that is only visible when in the Weaon Mod mode, then I can put the same mod on as many weapons as I want. I don’t have to worry about accidentally I selling them?

Uh, how to Dark Zone? I forget how all that nonsense works.
Guys are my buddies, but then they’re killing me, but then they’re my buddies again, but then they’re killing me and taking my stuff off the helicopter rope, and then they’re killing me again while I’m collecting rogue points, and then they’re my buddies. I made someone a ton of points tonight!

Kind of. Basically, they’re persistent upgrade options you buy in the perks menu. But you can see what’s available on the last tab at the bottom of your miscellaneous inventory items. But you have an infinite number of them, including whichever ones you have to craft.

-Tom

You got it, mods aren’t inventory items anymore. So that’s cool. But keep an eye on their specs, because there’s almost always a positive effect they will add, but also a negative effect at the same time. It’s an interesting change, there’s always going to be a tradeoff, a balancing act involved with adding mods.

So, all these recordings are found in PROGRESSION menu, which is the first menu to the right when you press ESC

I was having trouble getting into this; it’s really not meant to be solo’d. But I ended up with a random partner and we ended up spending hours wiping out the first neighborhood together. Didn’t even use VOIP. I was the lead, so I picked the next mission and we bulldozed it. MASSIVE FUN.

How the hell do you clan? Do I need to unlock that?

You need to unlock the Clan Wing of the White House. Keep developing the Theater Settlement until you can recruit Grace Larsen. She’s your clan administrator.

I joined the QTT clan tonight. Level 17 so far, have soloed everything (I tend to do that with story stuff, as I like to sniff out every nook, cranny and voiceover). This game is in terrific shape.

I find the game very soloable, early on, just like TD1. The difficulty ramps up, sure, but if you are familiar with shooters and patient, it’s a load of solo fun. I have seen very few people, but I get a lot of calls for assistance. How do you act on those? Just go to where they are?