The Division 2 - Make Washington D.C. Great Again

two quick tips, if it says poor connection to host server do NOT find a better one during a mission, will end up back at the beginning. (at least solo). second one there are loot boxes hanging from parachutes high up on buildings. first one is on the treasury department building as you walk out the white house heading toward the theater settlement. another one above the 1040 safe house. (i think) just shoot the box to get down

I am sad that pulse scan got nerfed so hard. It needs like 15m more range imho. But really loving the extra loots all over. So much to pick up. :)

Also really enjoy coming across scavengers and tagging along.

Pulse is useless, at least in PvE.

I’m sad that shield does not allow the use of LMGs. That would’ve been the ultimate combo for me

Isn’t there a shield modifier that allows all weapons? Or does it exclude LMGs?

https://twitter.com/pottermore/status/1081242428105998336?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1081242428105998336&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fio9.gizmodo.com%2Fajax%2Finset%2Fiframe%3Fid%3Dtwitter-1081242428105998336%26autosize%3D1

It excludes quite a few weapon classes. I can’t remember all of them but I know for sure that LMGs and snipers are not allowed, possibly marksman rifles too because when I tried it I had lmg and MMR and only the pistol worked.

It was a huge bummer because I read the skill description too quick and pretty much stopped reading at ‘primary’ when I activated it, only to realize my mistake moments later.

Marksman rifles are sniper rifles in this game.

DMRs then? The class that has a 2 bullet icon, I don’t know how it’s classified in-game.

They’re just called Rifles. Like the M16 falls into that category. Or the M1A1.

God, I love this game. Just everything about it is impressive. The level design is fan-freaking-tastic. I love going on missions because you get an amazing new environment every time. The game nearly overwhelms you with loot and customization options. It’s a blast to play with one other person. And, aside from a 2-3 crashes, remarkably bug-free. Every time I think I found a bug or a broken piece of content, I realized I was wrong; I just needed to pay attention and attack the problem another way.

The loot cages where you have to shoot the lock off are so enjoyable to find. :)

This game will definitely be going in my top 5 list this year.

DC is such a welcome change from New York. I feel like TD1 was all office buildings, all the time. DC, with all of its monuments, landmarks, and open grassy areas, feels so much more varied by comparison. Every single one of the Smithsonian missions has been a delight.

I wish DC had some version of the Cleaner gang, it was so satisfying to shoot those guys in the tank and then watch them run around like crazy before they finally explode. Ah, good times.

DC is also laid out on a grid, like Manhattan, but with a lot more attention to how it would look and live, given it was custom-built as the capital city. I spent years living right outside DC and travelling into the city every week, so it’s a fun place to run around in.

Though some parts of the city in the game have about as much garbage in the alleys as the real city did.

You can shoot the red bags the rushers/grenadiers carry. It’s not quite the same, but similar.

Last night I learned that if you shoot the little red box on an enemy NPC’s turret, it starts targeting the enemies instead.

Really loving this so far. I’m such a fan of games when no one yet knows how everything works/where everything is and every mission isn’t about optimal builds and clear speed.

Most mobs have some sort of critical hit area, and it results in various types of effects when you hit them.

One of my favorites is the guys who carry tanks of Riot foam, and when you shoot them, they kind of flail around while foam shoots out of their tank, and has the effect of immobilizing them and anyone near them.

The drug chicks with the sticks are also funny when you blow up their little drug bag.

The general movement of the NPCs friendly and enemy is just top notch.

The need to reposition is fantastic, in D1 I sorta just hunkered down and didn’t worry too much about getting flanked.

Yeah, I love the way the enemy tactics work. Some will rush you and try to force you to move. Others will flank. Others will hunker down and send remote-controlled RC bombs at you. The snipers will blind you with their lights from way back. It’s all great.

I don’t liked the scoped sniper rifles. But, yeah, my sweet spot is the MK 17 military rifle. Semi-auto, accurate to long range, little recoil, and there’s no scope. You can send lots of rounds downrange, fast.

Assault rifles are all spray-and-pray. There’s no option for semi on assault rifles.