The Division 2 - Make Washington D.C. Great Again

Only level 17 here, and calls for help are going unanswered, I guess everyone has zoomed past me in game, lol.

I responded to you in chat but you never responded.

Nooooooooo, lol , I was tired , so I went for a snack. :)

Thanks tho @Woolen_Horde

Level 26, and there don’t seem to be any “story” missions; I guess the strongholds are it? Done everything solo so far, though some boss type fights have taken several tries. Those tank types with the sledgehammers are the worst, though fire bombing dudes are a close second.

Patch out!

Servers were down for 3 hours overnight, but they’re back.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2025457-Maintenance-March-28th-2019?p=14082868&viewfull=1#post14082868

Not a bad game, and I enjoy it so long as I don’t think about it too much. Anyone figure out another reason for this being in DC except the shock value of icons of Americana defiled? Really, wtf was Air Force One doing in the middle of the street? And Devs, the life expectancy of any kind of wildlife, especially premium game like deer, in a starving city absurdly overflowing with firearms and ammunition, would be measured in minutes. Oh, hang on, we have a planter box of tomatoes that we’ve been watching grow for 5 months now, we’ll just eat that instead…sigh. Did they even ever say where all the electricity is coming from?

There are gas/diesal generators all over the reclaimed areas.

There is an audio log near the plane. :)

The lore reason why we are on DC is because SHD technology run “On the Cloud”, and the cloud are servers that are physically in DC. Somebody is shutting down these servers, making SHD agents everywhere in america blind and deaf. You travel to DC to fix these servers and kill the motherfuckers that are trampling on the server cables.

One of the missions have our agents literally restarting some server.

Headcanon:
Two different groups uses the pandemia to take over the USA government. One is white supremacist ultra-patrios, and the other is anarchist but controlled by the deep state.
read: Militars Bad, Burecracts Bad, Libertarians Good. Ayn Rand is a Oracle.

I was told you eventually find out this is the cause of the SHD network outage.

why-does-my-cat-chew-electrical-cords-465300336

And you have ended up killing many innocent people.

:D

#Division2facts

They said they looked at New Orleans and Seattle, among others, for the setting, but they liked DC because it’s a very different feel from NYC, it has a huge number of instantly familiar landmarks, and it has a big mix of open (the National Mall) and urban spaces.

Ooh, I hope they put D3 in Seattle! I got some hipsters I need to have a few bullets, uh, words with.

Seattle factions:

Amazons
MIcroserfs
Starbuckians
Hipsters

So the in game weather would be rain all the time? :)

You got a bushy beard? You better believe that’s a paddlin’.

That’s right! And half the in-game missions would be liberating coffee shops to stock your HQ for the best brews.

The other half will be missions to find an affordable single-family home in Seattle.

Seattle is a cool city, but we really don’t have any super-iconic landmarks beyond that 60’s thing poking up out of lower Queen Anne. I mean, sure, I’d like firefights in the Smith Tower, and the labyrinthine Pike St. Market would be a great CQB location, but stuff like the MoPOP really doesn’t cut it.

And

Hardly. This is Seattle, son. You’d be fighting for those factions against, say, oxy-addled homeless and invaders from the neocon heartland of Spokanistan.

But seriously though, the cool thing about Seattle would be the variance in terrain elevation. Manhatten and DC are completely flat. Seattle has some massive hills and elevation all over the place in general.

What? is that the story?

I’m 100hrs played and had no idea.

Guessing Division 3 set in Detroit would look like the real thing?