The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

aaah, those massive, high-stress late game turns. Not good for the blood pressure are they? :)

I think it was the OldSchool game where I felt physically scared and slightly nauseous before opening some of my turns!

didn;t i kill you already? go’way

seriously, like…where in

“An ancient harpoon, made of bone with a tip of rusted iron. Tied to it is an ominous silver string. No one knows who made this ancient weapon. Perhaps it was even crafted by the Horrors, given what is known of its deadly powers. It will travel through the ethers until it reaches the destination specified by its wielder, and there it will strike its target. Then the user yanks the string and its hooked prey rushes back through the ether to where the user awaits. The user must beware however, for if he hits a prey too mighty, the prey might yank him through the ether instead. The skill used for utilizing the harpoon is a combination of strength and Astral magic and being very strong usually trumps normal strength and mediocre magic abilities.”

does it imply that ‘in yanking’ it will deposit the ‘yankee’ into the province defence force where it will go all kevin spacey on the young boys without any other sort of parental supervison…like the aforementioned yanker…

uh, too soon?

@Akaoni
otherwise, nice fights pangeaeayyseas.

Be nice if Ys and Caelum got off their collective asses and did like…anything.

also, how your ice devil made it out of that, i’ll never know.

also,

holy shit, i’ve never ever made that before.

I’m goddamn scared and excited by the thought of unveiling it.

Yeah, I will have to look at the battle again when I have time. It looks like your slyphs managed to jump on most of my casters, getting them off script. Still not sure if the 20 protection and 4 mr is worth the lightening susceptibility. A very bloody battle. But with Pan, you feel like the Russians in WW II. Plenty more to send in.

And I concur that the game could be vastly enhanced if Caelum did… you know… something.

Could you extend the turn by 2 days, please? I could do the turn now, but would be fast as I have a funeral to go to and won’t have time to do a proper turn for 2 days.

If you want me to do more, that is the only way I can this week I am afraid. Thanks.

Hosting postponed for qtWyldeRyde2andAhalf by 48 hours. The game will now host at 06:56 GMT on Thursday November 9th.

Eiru, your comment leads Pan to contemplate similar things, given this hiatus.

I’m doing stuff. But sometimes stuff takes time. And casting spells I’ve never cast before makes me uneasy. I’ve never made it this far deep in the research paths before!

Well, hopefully Pan has something in reserve to deal with that, otherwise it’s gg

Pan, here, can you elaborate? I havent had time to look at the turn.

I assume Caelum or Ys casted some global, or launched some massive attack on me?

Oh, Ys, HOW DELIGHTFUL that you have decided to come into my domain. I will have to arrange for some suitable…RESPONSES.

And to others, I can always agree to the first three things that we talk about. if we can even remember what topics they were in the first place. However, on the fourth, I am sadly all booked up, as you can plainly see.

Eh, I get asked to do something, so I do it. Take the Shin capital I am asked. Then is the whole “I wish Ys would join in the fight.” And then there is the desire to end the game. Now I expect to have 3 nations rally on me to prevent a win so I’ll just send more troops over through the ether. It’s a do or die situation really.

Also Pan, with regards to the message you sent me, well clearly that has my blessing. You are more than welcome to move on whatever locations you wish.

Hmm, what a selective memory…

Pretty hard to work out who to trust in this point of the game. Well, I trust Caelum completely. I don’t trust myself, that’s for sure. Being in this long game, having such good in-game relations with all the remaining nations in terms of border agreements, expansion thoughts etc, yeah not happy. But this is a game, and I suspect there is a puppet master in the background trying to pull some strings (ahem). I had multiple requests to take Shin, so I did in the end. Well, I’m caretakering it really, though I did forget to send money last turn. And I’ve had multiple comments about me doing nothing from the one person, so I figured heck, I can jump on the Bandar capital and make the biggest, boldest move this particular game has ever seen.

For me, the game itself is getting a little tiring though. Nearly 7 months old in terms of start date. Dom5 is a few weeks away. Change and refresh. I’m in it until the end, but hopefully sooner rather than later.

Oh, i fully support you trying to win the game, that’s the whole purpose of playing most games, including this one. I guess I’m just not as familiar with the modern trumpisms like wallpapering over top of the truth with things that could be truths. In ‘could be truths’ i mean, they could be truths in alternate realities, or universes, or they could be truths if anything had been done in the past to make them truths in the present (the way bathtub full of water (that is actually empty of water) could be full of water if someone filled it with water yesterday and then sealed it and ensured it remained that way until today).

Still, as i sit in this chair bored, i am pretty certain the onus is on the world to entertain me, and my obligation limited to only being present in my chair.

hmmm…actually, i think i have that wrong. I think i have no obligation - i think it is the world that is obligated to find me out to provide said entertainment.

Wow, things just got real? I am about to check out the turn and do mine today. I wonder if Ys is sitting on my cap!

Sorry @Kelan, hes on Bandar. with his pretender (down to only 105 hit points!) with 4 kitted out Golems, an astral mage, and assorted other stuff.

If he takes Bandar, he will have four caps.

And I also am getting burned out on this game. It seems I have been fighting non stop since turn 20 or so; every turn I drain the coffers of gems and gold, looking enviously at those things I need to empower to get. Globals are a distant luxury,

I suggest that we end this before, say November 27. I wonder what happens on that day…