The Elder Scrolls Online

Thanks for this. I finally found it.

Me IRL.

That’s awesome. Sad thing is most kids today don’t even know who Magoo is. I was at a soccer game this year and the refs were their typical atrocious selves for our backwater “district.” On one bad call I yelled “Hey! Magoo! Put your glasses on!” Later after the game when I told my 16 year old daughter what I had yelled, she told me nobody knows what a Magoo is and also that I was embarrassing.

This crossed my mind when I searched for a picture. Now I’m curious to know how many Qt3ers don’t know who he is.

Roadhog!!!

Really enjoying ESO. After 13 levels on my stamsorc I finally hit a sticking spot. A damn puzzle in the dwemer mines. Lenses and light beam crap. I’m a killer not a puzzle solver. If that damn high elf wants the puzzle solved why do I have to do it?

There are usually some “clues” nearby like books/journals to read that help out. Honestly I am terrible at this type of thing even if I read the clue. Generally I just randomly tried different combos but if the number of permutations is too great then YOUTUBE will solve your problem. I just fixed my bathtub faucet with a youtube video. :)

I just looked it up. You have to do things to three objects a certain number each. The problem is if you have another person running around fucking things up.

Other people are almost always the problem.

Oh, wait, this isn’t P&R. Carry on.

But you are not wrong, sir.

Don’t ask me why but I’ve been putting time into Alchemy and Provisioning daily writs (quests). The provisioning ones are infuriating in that they ask you to make something that you probably don’t have the recipe for, so you have to either scour all the guild stores looking for recipes or hit up containers and hope you get a drop.

Another annoying part of the whole process is that the lowest recipes only show up on the starter islands (I read this and am not 100% sure it’s true but I believe it!). So if you want to make, say, baked potato for a quest, you have to go back to newbieland to try to get the drop.

I heard also that when you complete the provisioning daily that you often get a recipe as part of the reward … and it can be the recipe you just used. Fun!

On another topic: I see Dolmens and Delves are often pretty crowded, and so you can complete them without much trouble. On the other hand, there’s Public Dungeons. Do people go into the Public Dungeons much? Can you do a group finder thingy to get a random group for those or do you need to be more active in organizing a group for them? The one I ran across is pretty out of the way, so I don’t think people will go there in the normal course of their travels.

They can be pretty empty but because the bosses drop certain pieces like gloves I think, you can often find people looking to complete their sets…it will depend on the zone and what the 3 overland item sets are though. When I was farming spinners in Malabar Tor, the public dungeon was packed.

Alchemy is relatively easy to level and nice to get up to 50 so that your potion duration is 47 seconds. Provisioning is a pita.

I wouldn’t bother with provisioning writs until you’re maxed out on provisioning, and it’s really easy to max it out (takes about 15-20 minutes maybe) Find recipes in guild stores for each level (ie. a level 10 recipe, a level 20, 30, etc.) that uses easy to find ingredients (fish and cheese are great.) Then, just keep cooking. Once you are at a static level, writs always ask for food from a pool of 6 recipes, so you can just cook up a bunch of those 6, and pull the from the bank for each writ. (Caveat: I haven’t done any writs since from before One Tamriel update, not sure if anything’s changed.)

Oh yeah, finally this addon is a must. Even with this I’m too lazy to do writs most of the time, but I’m at 0 tempers now so maybe I should start again.

Public dungeons are pretty easy to solo, so you don’t really need a group for them (especially if you’re playing magplar or stam sorc once you’ve unlocked most of your skills) The bosses in public dungeons have a chance to drop set weapons, so as Vic said they may be pretty busy in certain zones. A properly traited weapon from certain sets (ie. spinners, spriggan, elegant) can fetch hundreds of thousands of gold. Delves you won’t see many people farming beyond plunder skulls, because they can only drop feet or belt set items.

Is it just me or is the map problematic at times? I would love to be able to zoom in more. Doing the Wrothgar harpy mission. The terrain around the fort is a maze. I look at the map and I’m the giant arrow next to the tiny tower. WTF?

@soondifferent I tried that addon and it seems great but I can’t seem to get it to work. It never popped up when I went to the Alchemy table… looked in the keybinds and didn’t see anything for it. Should it just show up when you hit the table and have a writ? I do have another crafting addon, I wonder if there’s some sort of conflict.

Hm, sounds possible, I’ve never had an issue with it.

I went into Cat’s Eye Quay last night. Apparently I’m a luddite, because I had no idea how you pronounce ‘quay’, so it was very strange to hear it said aloud.

Later, I came across two NPC’s arguing about the correct pronunciation of ‘quay’. I about fell out of my seat laughing.

That writ addon does not work for alchemy or provisioning. It’s awesome for the equipment writs, though.

Well that explains it. Poo!

Finally killed the damn tree! Even with something like 20 other people, it took forever. I had to spend all of my gold on greater soul gems. And now it’s time for the boss fight. That should be easy, right?

Durr, you’re right, I never do Alchemy writs (hate the surveys) and I have enough writ food stockpiled in my bank to outlast a siege.