The Elder Scrolls Online

Yes, I should have clarified that I am a subscriber currently, though ESO makes it very easy to go back and forth IMO.

I started playing this again after bouncing the first time off it hard well before One Tamriel thingy launched. Wanted to try out the Thieves & Brotherhood DLC so I sprung for a month of Plus.

It’s a total mixed bag. I am enjoying myself enough to keep playing but the non instanced thieving missions are ridiculous. All of the atmosphere and gameplay goes completely out the window when you have a dozen people running around like Ritalin addicts dragging guards into extended congo lines.

I thought I would check out the Brotherhood and the first mission takes place in Anvil - or what I like to think would happen if you mixed an insane asylum together with an abattoir. I loved these questlines in the Elder Scroll series but it’s just absurd in the MMO.

Once i train my main to max mount speed should I move to the increased carrying capacity (or whatever it is called)? does increasing the carrying capacity lower the speed etc?

not sure if it is ok to train more than one mount trait.

Yeah, you’ll want to max each line out if you’re in it for the long haul. They don’t affect each other.

“Gameplay” trailer:

DWEMER YAY! I so love the Dwemerbots.

Quick question: Now that all characters are scaled up or down to be able to explore all regions, what role does weapon damage still play in the equation?

I assume its not about this weapon does 500 damage and that one does 1000, instead its the level of the weapon that is relevant, right? (at least in relation to your level?)

Or how does it work now?
Is there any point in updating a weapon? How do all the number mechanics work in a leveled environment. I guess you get more skills and spells as you level up, but the rest is probably pretty irrelevant now?

Gear performance is based on the difference between the gear’s itemlvl and your character level (or champion point tier). So yes, you still want to upgrade your gear.

Ok… so basically, rather have a high level weapon than a high damage one?

Well, your weapon’s base damage is determined by its level and quality (color, like purple). Of course procs/runes and such are separate from that.

That leads to the question on whether you’d be better off with a blue level 40 axe dealing 100 damage or a green level 45 axe dealing 90 damage. I don’t actually know the answer to that one, but I’d stick with the blue one. It’s not like it matters for long as you’re constantly upgrading equipment all the way up to CP160 and scaling stops there anyway.

8.5 million client copies sold.

[quote]
This number is based off of units sold and is not simply a tally of registered accounts.[/quote]

It’s a b2p game, so the number of copies sold is the number of registered accounts.

A more significant metric would be the average monthly number of active players.

You can have an account without purchasing (beta players, for instance) so accounts would be even more inflated than copies purchased. As you mentioned though, it’s still a meaningless stat that companies keep throwing out to sound like their numbers are close to World of Warcraft.

8.5 million minus me until they fix magicka melee nightblade and make it even marginally competitive again. Just got the notice that my 6 month ESO plus expired. I’m feeling a bit salty about how they have handled the pvp combat balance.

Beta players can’t play the actual game, so not really.

I’ve read they have ~1million active monthly users. I do not know if this is credible or just ‘fake news’, so YMMV.

That sounds like a plausible number, at least.

Since ESO is B2P they don’t actually care how many total accounts exist. They care about new accounts, MAUs, subscribers, and conversion rates for paid DLC.

Just a PSA - for the next week they’re disabling Champion points and doubling AP rewards for Cyrodiil pvp. IMHO PvP is better without champion points anyway, so this is a perfect time to time to unlock some of those alliance skills if you haven’t already. Vigor is especially important for stamina characters.

I feel ya. Magblades seem to be the most neglected class at the moment. Mine was ostensibly my main character at one point, now he’s lurking in Rawl in his underclothes, divested of all equipment.

Have you gone back since Homestead? The nerfing of the proc sets was a decent change.

Nope. I hit Alliance Rank 36 in January and then the magical spell that ESO had on me just broke. I realized that I was always hoping that one patch someday would let me play like I used to a year or a year and a half ago. The latest changes basically force magblades to use a destro staff. You would be foolish not too with the 8% damage bonus passive for sloting a destro skill. I’ve spent all this time with dual swords and just like being sneaky hitting hard in melee and then trying to get the kill or get away. Concealed weapon is a joke.

The current meta is really bad. I mean stinky bad. And they must know it. They went without doing ESO live for months. The proc sets debacle was only part of the problem. The heavy armor and stamina favoritism has driven the pvp into the ground.

The love is gone. Maybe I’ll check back in in June to see what the arenas are like. I don’t think my play style will do too well there though.