The Elder Scrolls Online

I has been playing this. I already completed the game at release, and I hate to redo content but was not so bad thanks to the united tanriel thing. By the law of unintended consequences because you can do any quest you want, you can rush trough a lot of the story very quick.

After finishing that part of the game I wanted more, so I got the DLC’s. Oh man, how I am enjoying being a murderer/thief. Most MMO’s put you in the role of a hero and don’t let you be evil, but here you can be atrocious and the game reward you for doing that. It works, is fun to go around killing npcs and stealing their stuff. I am a happy camper.

I am on a quest where they ask me to kill 3 civilians, and I am killing 8 already, because reasons :D

hehehe.

You’d have loved pre-Trammel UO then. :)

And there are various kill animations. Will I slit his throat? Or maybe tap him on the shoulder so that when he turns around I can stab him in the heart. So much fun!

Lots of details are pure hilarity. Like when you are doing one of these cool murder animations and at the same time a guardian is already trying to capture you because was nearby. Or you are crawling around to steal npcs of their money, and you find a crawling npc doing exactly the same thing has you.
This npc last words “I am tired of working”.

Edit:
Do… we have likes?

So you weren’t kidding about the benefits of a trading guild. I finally got around to joining one, though it took longer than I thought. First I messaged one guild that had been advertising in an ESO “advertise your guild here” thread on Reddit and got no reply. After a few days, I was online, in Auridon, and asked in zone chat whether any trading guilds were accepting new members, and was met with silence. Then, later that day I was in Elder Root and I asked in zone chat again, and was instantly barraged with three invites, all of which I accepted in order to check them all out.

One of them doesn’t even have a guild store vendor. Another has one that’s in Coldharbour, which seems kinda out of the way? But the other is a fairly largish guild with a vendor in Wayrest. I’ve been putting up a bunch of stuff I’d been hoarding simply because I didn’t know it’s value, but have managed to unload a bunch of motifs and rare crafting materials and enriched myself by about 50k overnight. O_O (Who knew that a single, Legendary Fish Roe was worth 10k??)

Yep.

The Master Merchant addon is also a very useful tool for selling. It can tell you how many items you’re trying to sell have been sold over the last few days including the high, low, and average price.

You can use an add-on like Tamriel Trade Centre (or Master Merchant, if your trade guild is fairly large) to get a gauge of the typical prices for an item.

The problem with trade guilds is that you have to stay fairly active, since they have to purge their members regularly given the weekly costs for a kiosk and the max 500 guildies limit. I haven’t logged on for a couple of months so I’m probably off all my trade guilds.

Yeah, two of the three guilds I’ve joined have weekly cash requirements either for sales, raffle tickets or straight up donations, but given the benefit, it seems worth it. That said, I expect I’ll only remain in the one guild with the Wayrest vendor since it seems pretty large and active.

I’m sure at some point I’ll start playing less and if I get the boot, so be it. At least it’s benefiting me now.

I’ll have to check out the Master Merchant addon, though it seems that several people in my guild are already using it, as there’s always a lot of price check requests happening in chat, which get answered almost immediately (with some reply that always includes “MM” in it, so I assume that’s Master Merchant).

For those of you that are addon addicts, check out PhinixUI. It isn’t so much an addon itself as it is a “out of the box” configuration for a bunch of other addons. It saved a TON of time digging through and configuring things, and now I have a nice usable set of (presumably) everything under the sun.

It includes Tamriel Trade Center. I’m not sure why this is chosen over Merchant Master, but like I said, someone else made the decisions for me so I can get around to playing.

So last night I returned to the game after a break to avoid burnout, and felt right at home with my Nightblade. Got to level 8 and unlocked snipe for my bow, and wow, couple that with stuff like Assassin’s Blade, Strife and Agony and he’s just mowing folks down as they approach. So great.

I’m similarly entranced at the moment with my stam sorc. I wasn’t feeling it with the mag sorc for some reason. I’m quite interested in the idea of using magic mostly for the buffs, and then most of my offence coming from bow or dual-wield weapons. And I’m going to totally ignore how much fun Brian is having with his NB so I don’t roll something else.

What build are you using for your NB? I’m thinking about joining ESO and I have always enjoyed the Rogue class in MMO’s and I’m hoping NB would make a nice fit for me.

Primarily Stamina, then Magicka so far.

I spent a little bit of time in the game last night. I was starting to adjust to the UI. I did have some weird thing happen during a quest. I was doing the newbie quest where you have to gather the poisoned meat. Some guy attacked me, and when I killed him the guards then killed me.

They are making ESO into more than a MMORPG. One of the thing they did is that you can attack named npcs that are not part of a quest. These that highlight in white glow. Probably you wounded one of these with AOE damage, and he attacked you retalation. Then if you atacked a civilian, the guards attacked you to defend them.

If you are not interested in this yet, you can disable it in setting, setting so you can’t attack random civilians.

I play some rogueish assasin, and I have this setting enabled. I randomly kill people on back alleys or when the guardians are not looking, to sell whatever they have in the pockets.

New Update for 3.0 and Patch Notes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/335600/pts-patch-notes-v3-0-0

Lots of hand wringing and end of the world prophecies…so ssdd.

Executive Summary is that resource sustain/management has had a major rework (nerf) by adjusting a lot of the skills, passives.and more importantly the Champion Point system, It looks like there have been some minor item tweaks too.

I can understand why they did this since some of the meta builds would make the battlegrounds that required capturing a flag/king of the hill almost impossible. And frankly the 5 piece heavy armor with the 5 piece light armor regen accessories + 2 piece monster set meta has been stale and silly.

The end result (imho) is that competent or better magicka sorcs will be in a very nice spot. Everybody else has been pulled down towards my bottom dwelling scum sucking melee magicka nb. I know nobody got a buff but I was secretly hoping like I always do that somebody on the combat team would realize that forcing all magicka nb’s to use a destruction staff is not a good thing.

But at least I can welcome all my new bottom dweller friends. It reminds me of the old joke about someday I’m going to burn down a barn just like that one. :)

I am just starting, so that probably means nothing to me.

I normally play sorcs, but randomly decided to make a rogue this time, and I don’t feel my character is very powerful. (I don’t use any AOE skill)

The idea of a Morrowind is exciting, much less exciting when I learn that they can’t use the original music for license reasons :(

Yeah, this is only for end game. If you are leveling up and still exploring all the content I wouldn’t pay any attention and just have a great time.

What surprise me more is how much content is mostly… hidden?

I have completed the game, and only have 2 collectible items… There are lots of mementos, and polymorph and curious items. They seems things you have to google to find them.
In a normal game, I would have already 30% or 60% of these things, but in ESO I have yet to even start to scratch the surface.

Well, I care about these things. Yesterday I “wasted” a lot of hours doing the Litany of Blood.