The Elder Scrolls Online

I have a gold set of pelinals with all the tri-gryph trimmings, glad to see it’s not obsolete! (I vaguely remember seeing a Morrowind set that was hybrid focused) If I remember correctly I ran a hybrid werewolf templar, 5 piece vipers/5 piece pelinal with maelstrom 2h backbar. This was before retraiting and back when vipers was meta, so getting everything in sharpened was expensive. Though I hear infused is better now?

I keep reading that nirnhoned might be better but I went for precise with the critical bonus on my new Sload’s staff because I hadn’t researched sharpened yet. But I usually run spinners as a second set so spell pen is not really an issue and sharpened was nerfed a while back as far as I can tell.

I want to get Zaan’s but I’m pretty bad at staying out of red circles so I might get kicked a bunch of times if I start queuing for vet dungeons. About 2 years ago I got skoria the hard way. This was before they guaranteed a monster helm drop and you had to play rng with the shoulders. It was painful. But I’m going to goof around with the main quest for Summerset and Morrowind and try and get better at pve.

I really need to give this game a try again.

I only own the base game, and WoW still owns my ass for MMOs. Is it worth getting the PS4 version, or just upgrading my base game. My time spent on the game so far is pretty much nothing so I would start over.

My main non-PS4 machine is a Mac. Not sure if that makes a difference.

You can seriously get hundreds of hours out of the base game. Just doing the main quest, exploring, and trying a few characters is well worth the time investment. They’ve made quite a few quality of life changes over the years, and IMO ESO is currently the most engaging MMO from a single player/story experience. Heck, the John Cleese voice acting alone is worth the price of the game.

There’s plenty of game there with no upgrades, for you to decide if you want to go further. If you do get the latest update, it will catch you up with all of them if you’re so inclined.

But the current deal for both Morrowind and Summerset together is SO TEMPTING. Dammit.

Yeah, getting Morrowind and Summerset together is what pulled me back in.

I’m stuck on a boss battle right now though. Super annoying.

It’s most certainly worth the money! Just saying, that you can just fire up the base game and get a lot of playtime without having to commit any money. ESO sort of has this ongoing thing where every new thing includes the old thing, much like WoW. I.E. I doubt it will be much worse if you waited a month or two and decided you wanted it.

Thinking of running a Magicka NB; no doubt will be soloing primarily. Any canonical site for leveling builds?

This is a pretty good site for builds in general.

Getting to 50 is pretty easy if you just play the game following the main quest line or the expansion quests.

You will want to use destruction staff and restoration staff skill lines since that’s really the way it is done for most mNB’s. I tried to stay melee dual wield swords for the longest time but you are basically gimping yourself if you do that.

Very nice, thank you!

Really torn here… I think the free Morowind offer is still in effect and GMG has a 25% off coupon, making the Sommerset expansion only 30 bucks. Have to pull the trigger in the next 24 hours though. Haven’t played the game in about a year, but all the chatter here is making it seem like a good time. Not sure I have the time though.

I’ve been tempted as well. Which GMG coupon works for summerset right now?

I got a “we miss you” email that has vouchers for 25% off almost everything and a free $2 game.

Thanks, @Vic_Davis. Checking it out now.

Where’s the cheapest place for Summerset now? The 25% GMG off?

Not sure how trustworthy dlgamer is, but they have the Summerset upgrade for 23.99.

summerset upgrade edition : cdkeys 21.69

Also @ GMG for $22.49 , with their JUNE25 code.

GMG isn’t a grey-market key, so I would definitely go with them over cdkeys.com.

Agreed for such a small price difference.