The Elder Scrolls Online

Thanks, I’ll check both of these guides out!
I’m not really into PvP gaming but I’ll check it out I guess. I don’t want the game to stay fun though, not just a bunch of homework, done with that a long time ago! =)

There are a few things about ESO that are really getting on my nerves, other than the fact that I still have to learn a shitload of things just to be able to kill a few bosses (`yes, I’ve added some more now that I just can’t beat).

I KNOW this is an online game and enemies spawn and whatever, but it’s just way too annoying to liberate a town from some kind of enemy, but they still spawn every time you go in there. It’s just frustrating never to see any real progress in a game you spend so much time in. And they’ve managed this some places, like f.e. mines where kwama workers won’t attack you anymore, so couldn’t they just do the same with assassins strewn over an island where I’ve JUST killed their boss?

Yeah, it’s not clear to me why they don’t use whatever tech they’re employing to change the state of some areas as you progress the quest across the board. Or at least in all the spots where it makes sense. Like, ok, maybe a tomb full of aggressive undead wouldn’t instantly quiet down when you fight the quest boss or whatever. But there are cases when it really should and doesn’t.

I just bought my first house - sweet! :)

Nice! Now prepare to go broke furnishing it :)

(I’m also envious of your wolf. Never got anything noteworthy in my free crates…)

I got my wolf for free by watching Bethesda’s E3 show on Twitch.

I was annoyed by that because they held it on a workday in the middle of the day, so while maybe some people can watch Twitch at work (or are in a timezone/work schedule where that’s not worktime), I sure as fuck couldn’t.

Edit: Actually, thinking of their Quakecon presentation. But I bet the E3 one was also awkwardly timed.

I wasn’t sure where to post this…
I really like these in depth analysis videos.

Nice house and wolf @draxen ! I only have the smallest of rooms at a few inns, but I enjoy unlocking recpies for crafting furniture and stuff. I love how I get to play a bit of The Sims inside ESO… =)

By the way, what is the UFO-thingie that keeps appearing in Glenumbra? There’s always this ominous sound, and a UFO-looking thing is in the sky, spinning around with… chains? I’ll try to post a screen tonight if no one knows what I’m talking about

Those are Dolmens: https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark+Anchors

Whenever a dolmen appears you should head towards it. They start a short event that consists of a number of waves of creatures. At the end is a boss-like creature, and if you defeat that one, you get a chest.

There’s 3(?) dolmens in each zone. In Summerset they’re called geysers and look different, but they work the same way.

As you’re leveling you can beat one of these with three or four players. I’ve done it with one other person, and some builds can do it by themselves when they have good gear.

There are zones where players go from dolmen to dolmen, endlessly farming them - Alik’r Desert is the main one (because all 3 dolmens in that zone are really close to waypoints). People in that zone use a mod that automatically invites anyone to their group if they type a certain character in zone chat - it’s often x, or y or z. That’s why, if you go to Alik’r, you see people saying those characters in zone chat.

One reason this is popular is that the mobs in dolmens give Fighter Guild reputation. One way to max out your Fighter Guild reputation is to do the entire FG questline, and then farm dolmens in Alik’r.

Darn, missed that one, was before I got back into the game. Draxen’s wolf looks to be the super rare one with the particle effects though. And as we’ve seen from TF2, the acquisition of particle effects is the true endgame.

Oh, thanks @Charlatan and @Ironsight !
I only do dungeons and beasts (or whatever the skull with bones behind is called) if I’m near it and see a lot of other players around, so I guess it’ll be the same for Dolmens then.
Really just luck, it seems, how many other players are around for me. I have this quest back in Vvardenfell where I have to kill a beast, and I’ve been hanging around that cave for maybe 30 minutes without anyone ever approaching, while suddenly in other areas like Glenumbra, I just stumble upon 20 other players on one and we finish it off in 20 seconds.
Really wish they had something like a group finder for some quests, like in the Division.

The “beasts” are called world bosses.

And FWIW, with a decent build you should be able to solo “Delves” (the torch icon) - I used to wait for another player or two to come along to tackle the bosses in those and then realized I didn’t need the support. Public dungeons, though (there’s usually maybe one of those on a given map) are designed as group content the way the instanced dungeons are.

The previous patch broke one of the weapons I was relying on in battlegrounds (fixed now), so I’ve been playing in Cyrodiil in the past week. Not sure if the imperial city event is siphoning some of the ball groups underground in NA Vivec, but it has been a very pleasant experience. Minimal lag, and a very tight race between the 3 factions.

Wow, great so far. I agree with the author that Daggerfall is the series at its height.

So there was an event where if X number of people complete a Summerset achievement, everyone who owns Summerset will get a pet/mount/house. It was likely guaranteed to begin with, but still generated a lot of participation. Anyway, login before Oct 7th if you have Summerset to get the freebies.

“The 100% completion goal on the Summerfall Event progress meter is a goal-post we set when designing this event that we believe our players have a high likelihood of reaching. We want our players to have fun with this event and successfully earn all three event rewards, and we chose a goal with that in mind.”

So, yeah. Still, a fun little bonus.

I own the base game…what do I need to buy to have EVERYTHING?

They also didn’t cheap out on the house. It’s huge, beautiful, and empty, So empty. Luckily there are some $30 furniture packs coming up!

To be fair though, you can also buy furniture with in game gold (matching Alinor furniture is expensive though), and this type of vanity monetization is probably the best type of monetization.