The Eternal Cylinder: announcement trailer (ACE team next game!)

The Eternal Cylinder is an ambitious take on open-world survival adventure games is expected to release in 2020 on gaming consoles and will be available for Windows PC exclusively via the Epic Games store at launch.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/08/16/the-endless-cylinder-launching-in-2020/

I didn’t hear about this, because I’ve been under a Rock of Ages 3 announcement.
Ace Team has been busy lately! I hope they’re not spreading themselves too thin, that Actraiser homage didn’t review too well.
Heh, nobody mention that logo in the bottom right corner.

I see ACE is at its usual surrealistic weird vibe. ;)

Finally, the Modron survival horror we have all been waiting for?

This looks weird even by ACE Team standards.

Hmmmm, I remember stuff just as weird in Zeno Clash. Maybe not as much in more recent ACE games, but this looks like a return (with a vengeance) to the kind of weird ACE was aiming at with Zeno Clash.

Looks good

Fair. I haven’t played those.

First review is positive

Ace Team (and now I guess the Arboria devs; hope they keep it up!) are the only ones still carrying that late 90s weird design torch and I will forever love them for it.

Last day of Steam sale; I haven’t bought it yet but it looks pretty fun. Any positive memories of the game?

Wow this game looks so different. Thanks for rezzing this thread, I’d never heard of it before. Adding it to my wishlist for the future. (No time for it in 2023 and 2024, sadly).

I grabbed it a few months back on a cheap Xbox sale, after playing the latest Zeno Clash game. Their stuff is certainly wacky. I haven’t had time to dig into it yet.

I noticed last night that this is on sale this week for half off ($12.49) on Xbox. Very tempting just because it looks so different.

I bought it for a few bucks on PC and played for awhile. I wanted to like it, I liked zeno clash and the other game they made about hurling boulders down a mountain, but this one didn’t grab me. I spent most of the time trying to fix out what I’m supposed to do, and then stumbled on the occasional puzzle which weren’t too interesting.

The art and the world (what I saw of it) were gorgeous.