The Fall Guy movie with Gosling and Blunt

That looks really fun.

The showdown.

When I was a kid, I was Team Locklear but adult 138 is Team Thomas all the way.

Maybe Thomas and Douglas Barr (Howie) will get cameos.

And Lee Majors! (Dang, I thought he was dead)

Still thinking of how insane battle of the network stars was. We’re going to have the most famous sports announcer in the world building up real life sport races involving major tv stars across all 3 networks. And it is a legit competition(?) for bragging rights where execs at CBS were willing to have CBS stars third behind NBC/ABC. Tough guys like Robert Conrad would compete against Mr. Kotter and lose in a physical competition. Can you imagine being on a team captained by Mr. T and potentially losing to a team captained by William Shatner.

I kid you not, I just pulled this song up on youtube a couple of days ago. I don’t reneged why, but I still know all the words.

That’s the hardest I’ve laughed in weeks! Nicely done.

Lost City was way more fun than it had any right to be. It leaned into its own campiness just enough

Network Battle of the PBS Stars was where the real action was.

Not as insane as It’s A Royal Knockout.

Heather Thomas was my mid-teens mid-80’s dream girl.
Then my late teens late-80’s dream girl changed to Wendy James (of Transvision Vamp fame).
Then in the early 90’s I came to my senses and realized brunettes were way hotter…Jennifer Connelly in Career Opportunities may have had something to do with that. =)

Ryan Gosling Fall Guy looks entertaining. I like how Gosling has developed as an actor and the supporting cast here is great, so this looks fun. I agree though that they missed a golden opportunity to remake the classic theme song, though I suppose it could still appear in the movie, possibly over the opening scenes or credits or something.

That’s awesome.

“It took eight stunt performers to make one ‘Fall Guy,'” he said. “There were times where I was like, ‘Should we be making a movie or robbing a bank?’ … Everyone had their own special skill. It was like the Avengers or something. In fact, a lot of them probably were the Avengers if you look at their look at their CVs.”

I’m thinking that will make money.

This movie feels like the kind of movie studios used to make. Take 2 incredibly talented and well liked actors and put them in a fun action comedy together. Not a franchise or a trilogy, just a stand alone film.

There have been a few of these kind of films lately, but this one is getting a big press push, and is starring 2 actors coming off of oscar nominations.

It looks fun, I hope it is good.

For now.

Fair enough, but we have it for now.

Well… I guess enough generations have passed that wouldn’t recognize that The Fall Guy was an old TV show. Maybe that’s not enough IP recognition to qualify it as a franchise. Like The Fugitive was just a remake of another old TV show, until its sequel, U.S. Marshals, might have tipped it into the realm of the franchise.

I guess I was aware of the show when it was on, just like Miami Vice, but was too young to watch it, or care to watch it.

LOL!!!

Of course it is, I don’t know why I thought anything could be original.

I hope Ryan sings an updated version of the old tv theme

Hm, after the first trailer I really wanted to see this, I even considered going to the cinema for once. Now, I’m a little less sure. Apparently there’s a lot more ‘comedy’ than thought, and I’m not entirely sure it is my sort of comedy (somehow I’m reminded of that awful goats in the Thor movie…). Still going to watch it, but probably going to wait for it to show up on Netflix or something…