The Fall of Harvey Weinstein

Also Warren Buffett.

Perhaps you should read the post I responded to. I think you did not.

Since you did not quote it in your response, that would be rather difficult :)

That’s not required. You can easily see what I am responding to, if you tried with Discourse. Follow the arrow.

Oh son of a…

Why can’t people just be nice and decent?

I know of no one associated with dramatic filmed arts who is one tiny bit surprised about TJ Miller.

Yeah that one hardly blows my mind.

And to be clear, it likely has less to do with any whispered rumors and much more to do with Miller’s reputation for being a dick to pretty much everyone.

I guess I’m not exactly shocked by it (though I wasn’t aware of any rumors) but I’ve enjoyed what I’ve seen of his work.

Oh yeah, he was great in Silicon Valley.

Also good in Crashing on HBO right now.

Holy shit, Miller attended my alma mater. That’s the only thing that surprised me in that article.

Speaking as someone who has struggled with anger issues since childhood, I can only say…

Microsoft ditches arbitration, which is a great small step. Here’s hoping other large companies follow suit.

Radiation spreads fast these days.

I’d be lying if I said I weren’t still somewhat troubled about the speed with which people’s reputations and careers are getting destroyed these days. I know, I know, it’s a necessary correction.

My guess is when they get canned this quickly, it’s because the corporations already have a history of complaints and innuenedo about the person. One person was not getting Matt Lauer dumped that fast unless there were already a lot of complaints and stories about the guy.

I’ll be curious to see if any of these people can come back from the accusations. I don’t see Kevin Spacey working on any big movies again. If he’s willing to work cheap he can probably do low-rent stuff. Charlie Rose is retirement age and then some, so I’m sure he’s done. Dustin Hoffman is 80. I suspect he’s done. Louis CK seems like a guy who might be able to come back after time passes and he issues some sincere apologies.

My son and I finally had time last night to sit down and continue watching season 4 of Silicon Valley. The episode that was next up on our watch list for the evening…The Keenan Vortex, in which Erlich burns his beloved palapa down around himself.

It was poetically ironic given the news of the day.