The Forest - Survival horror in a forest filled with the monsters from The Descent

Yep - fantastic!

It’s very good. It doesn’t hold your hand. Makes you figure stuff out. Very decent crafting and building. Combat is probably the worst part, but that might just be me.

Big patch next week!

Whoa, that looks cool

Sons of the Forest trailer (not new, but couldn’t find it here):

Teeny bit of speculation about where they are with the sequel.

The original was soooo good.

Fifteen questions and answers about Son’s of the Forest, which should see a 2021 release.

Trailer #2:

Trailer #2 In Depth Analysis:

For anyone who doesn’t want to scrub through looking for the three seconds of the trailer that actually mentions the release date: May 20, 2022.

-Tom

Before I knew what was going on, the Forest was one of the scariest games I’d ever played.

The game is on sale right now on Steam. I’ve been putting off buying it for, well, years.
How is the single player experience?

Super frightening. The game freaked me out and made me think/wonder what was going on. Don’t look stuff up that can spoil things unless you’re insanely stuck for some reason. The game is fantastic.

damn you. Okay I’ll pick it up. I’m currently playing Soma for the first time. I’m also about to play Alien Isolation for the first time.

You’re really trying to scare yourself silly aren’t you? Hehe

It is the season :)

Sons of the Forest hits Early Access this Friday (Feb. 24)!

IGN Preview (Jan. 9):

Anyone playing the sequel? I bought it yesterday.

I can’t seem to get Kelvin to fight back at cannibals he just stares and points at them while i get attacked.

Same. Kelvin is good for collecting sticks and fishing… that’s about it lol. Content seems a little anemic, but I like what there is so far.

I got it and have been playing it on my Steam Deck…all settings low but played for 30 minutes last night and it was decent. I’m no graphics whore so I have no problem playing any games on low settings.

Will see how it goes tonight…love the deck.