The Forever Winter by Fun Dog

This randomly popped up in my YouTube feed, but the game looks pretty sick. I’m not sure that this game will actually come to reality, but it seems like it could be really cool if it does.

Seems like it’s a apocalyptic forever war scenario, harkening back to a 90’s anime take on mecha warfare, and you play a scavenger. So the idea seems to be that there are these huge dense combat scenarios between AI forces, and it’s not really about you and your squad. You’re just in the midst of all this stuff.

The art style looks very cool, to me at least.

Here’s a gameplay overview trailer:

Then this is the original video that I saw that caught my interest, which talks about the devs making this game.

“…is a 4 player sci-fi tactical survival horror shooter…”

Try saying that five times quickly!

Future Tarkov.

It looks pretty good. I’m not sure how much I need another Tarkov/DMZ/Vigor in my life, but at least they’re leaning into creating a new world… with the same old guns.

Names Company “Fun Dog”.
Proceeds to create the most depressing setting imaginable.
Sells game with “See that cool cyborg murder machine over there? That’s not you. You’re the bum-ass looking dude pilfering the dead it leaves behind and fights other bums for scrap with rusty leftovers.”

Dog, where’s my fun?

It looks very cool, but I recoil back from the mentions of ‘survival / looter / crafting’ online games. And after Valheim success they are appearing so many.
They are usually too freeform for me. I need definitive goals with success / defeat status in my video games to like them (ie. Helldivers 2) or a definitive victory goal (ie. ending the story mode in game, like Subnautica).

I’m so confused by the thumbnail of the first video. Are the space marines in this game knee high?

Maybe they’re fighting the enemies from Attack on Titan?

Those appear to be some sort of giant robot.