~The Game Pass Thread~

Noooooooooooooo!

Honestly, it was the flock of birds that got me. I’m not a flight sim guy, but even I’d love to check out Microsoft’s Flight Simulator if it has touches like that.

I doubt it? They’re friends with Steam but surely they don’t have leaderboard integration done yet, if they ever will.

100 games on this thing and no sort order?

I couldn’t even find a way to display all games, but there must be a way since @lordkosc posted a screenshot of it above.

Ha the third section, after Recent and Popular, is All Games… which shows about 6 games, until you click on Show All in that section :)

:D

Its sorta hidden, you have to go into some screen where you manage your subscription, then at the bottom it says show all games.

I suspect that maybe they added that recently? I do remember Recent and Popular, I don’t remember an All Games category when I looked at it a couple of days ago.

There was a beta client update 2 days ago. Which didn’t auto download! :D

Sometimes I see the All Games button. Sometimes it’s just All Games of a particular category. Sometimes it’s really All Games. And sometimes new games appear to have been added overnight. It’s like hide n seek but they haven’t officially taken it out of alpha or even announced it.

I’d like them to remove all the crud. Recent/Popular/All seems just fine. I have what I guess is Featured at the top, then a big Surprise Me section then what I guess is a featured genre - RPG. That’s twice as many sections as I need and I have to scroll down to see them. Grump grump grump :)

It took me at least a minute to figure out how to expand the list of installed games. There’s an arrow at the bottom of the left panel. Then the UI finally became useful!

Keep in mind that the new Game Pass app on PC is still labeled as being in beta. You should absolutely use the built in feedback mechanisms to suggest new features or report bugs.

Looks like PREY was added today.

Helpful hint:

If you are using the Game Pass app to install then delete a bunch of games you will want to go into Windows Settings to the ‘Update & Security’ section and find ‘Delivery Optimization’ in the left column and turn off ‘Allow downloads from other PCs’ (unless you use that feature a lot in your home network).

If left on, Windows may store copies of the games in the C:>Program Files>Windows Apps>Deleted folder if other peer PCs on your home network want to download the game (typically used for Windows update files) the install files would be accessed on your main PC and shared through your home network instead of downloading from online to save bandwidth. There is a chance that Windows will store copies of the games even if you delete them (you won’t fully regain your drive space). Turning off Delivery Optimization should prevent that in the future.

While not as user friendly as Steam I do believe you can switch between install locations for each game. In the Xbox Game Pass app click on your User profile picture in the top right and select settings. Then change the “Change where this app installs games by default” to the drive you want. The previously installed games should stay where they are and new games will install in the new drive/location. Not great, but that should allow you to spread your games across multiple locations as long as you change that before installs. You will find the ‘Offline’ permission settings there too.

Cheers that’s very helpful.

Most third-party games on Game Pass are titles that are well into the thin end of their sales tail anyway. The entire reason they show up on Game Pass, is to eke some more profitability out of them.

Plus, if you offer the base game “for free” on Game Pass, you might convince a player to buy accompanying DLC, or microtransactions.

Yeah, it’s not like publishers are being forced to be on Game Pass, unless I’m missing something?

My app loads and displays the main screen, click anything and it crashes and says restart app. So if I click show all it crashes, if i click a genre it crashes.

Its the newest beta xbox app from 3 days ago?

I have had zero stability issues with it.

Perhaps uninstall, and reinstall?