~The Game Pass Thread~

Yes, also Xbox One X enhanced. I think all the original Xbox games are.

Maybe the character/vehicle models were just spruced up with more polygons or something.

Ah, higher pixel count. Thanks @divedivedive .

I just want all the SSX snowboard games on PC…I don’t think that’s unreasonable.

I agree but it’s tricky.

itstricky

Not a popular take around here, but as a PC Game Pass subscriber I’m just becoming increasingly disenchanted with this service. My recent frustration is running into an issue with the Game Pass version of a game just not running properly and googling it it usually turns out to be a common/known issue, look if the game doesn’t work properly in Game Pass don’t add it. The latest culprit is Fallout 76, which MS now owns so come on here. Thought I’d finally check this out, didn’t see any warnings during install and installed it to my game drive, and the game launches but immediate network error, turns out it’s a known issue with the Game Pass version and you need to install it on the OS drive for it to work.

I feel like if I had an Xbox console my opinion would be a fair bit higher. PC Game Pass really does feel second class at times even if we got Gears Tactics and Flight Sim early

I had to do the same song and dance, was pretty annoying, not to mention confusing. I did enjoy Fallout 76 as a single player game though for quite awhile so I felt it was quite worth the irritation.

Here is a thread that goes into an alternative solution if you don’t want to reinstall on the root drive, but it looks easier to just reinstall. https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/hozme8/fallout_76_gamepass_no_region_ping_fix/

Blame that obfuscated file system and crappy downloading/queuing system. As well as the shite-performing UWP app.

EA Access cheap gamepass extension no longer works.

One month of EA Play will extend an Game Pass Ultimate subscription by 10 days, and a one-year EA Play code will extend an Game Pass Ultimate subscription by 2 months.

Snowrunner is coming to gamepass tomorrow.

Sweeeeeet. I came soooooooo close to pulling the trigger on so many sales. But I knew Mudrunner had been on Game Pass, I just knew Snowrunner was coming too, I just had to wait.

The Wild at Heart is coming to Game Pass on the 20th. It was part of the Xbox Indie Showcase a while back, though even after watching this gameplay video I’m still not entirely sure what kind of game it is.

Looks like a Hotel Transylvania 3 / Pikmin clone, but that’s a good thing.

Interested in giving it a try.

Awesome! I have this on PC, but now have it on Xbox too. Probably will run great on the Series X for those that have one.

Interesting that this hits GP 1 day after Epic exclusivity ends.

Can’t wait to try Wild at Heart too, if only just for the charming artwork. :-)

Very nice!

Soul Harvest should be a lot of fun. If you like narrative driven RTS/RPG hybrids.

The one I’m excited for is Mechwarrior 5, as I haven’t played a real Mechwarrior game in decades. I’m super curious how it translates to console. Wild at Heart looks interesting. I’ll probably give Maneater a whirl, because why not.

Great list, I wish I had more time to play games!!!

At the bottom, leaving at the end of May:

I always meant to give Void Bastards another try after I died in the first two levels repeatedly. And I had fun with my replaying of the original Kingdom Hearts, and meant to keep going but I guess it didn’t happen and it’s too late now.

Maybe I can give Void Bastards one more try before it leaves, maybe figure out how to survive an encounter without any weapons. Or find a way to get a wrench or something.

I loved Void Bastards. It was crazy fun, but yeah, frustrating at times.

Damn I knew I should have waited on Solasta.