~The Game Pass Thread~

Oh, and hey, this just popped up. The Ascent, the cyberpunk RPG/Twin-stick shooter has a release date, July 29th.

I wish we got more warning about these. Over 100 hours to play them -__-

Thanks! I wasn’t aware that Solasta would go to the game pass. Awesome, this way I’ll be able to give it a try and see if it’ll scratch my RPG itch!

Did they ever fix the AI in Mechwarrior 5? When it came out, the enemy AI was appallingly bad, which is kind of an issue for a single player game.

I haven’t seen any real AI improvements in the game since release and it is a problem on higher level missions with lance mates. I get around this issue using Voice Attack by micromanaging them. There are mods that do address AI and I have seen some positive benefit with them but I largely run vanilla.

The issues I saw at release weren’t an issue with the lancemates (who had terrible AI, but whatever), but more that the enemy AI was terrible, so you could very easily just steamroll enemies since they didn’t shoot at you until you shot at them.

Nice! I’m definitely in for Solasta. I didn’t buy it yet, but definitely would have.

Me too. Why cant I be more patient?

Game Pass is such a ridiculous value. Full price at $15/month is probably worth it on a month to month basis when new games arrive. For $4.19, it’s insane.

This period where MS is essentially buying subscribers, it’s a golden age for cheapskates, y’all.

Ha, me three. I should have waited, but I think I was trying to get in the EA before the price was raised (am I remembering that correctly?). Oh well, I always figure it’s good support for the devs in these cases. Though I have it on Steam maybe I can also download the GP version and press play a few times if there is some sort of additional ‘engagement’ compensation that activates behind the scenes.

I’m certain there is. Absolutely. It may be tied to hours played, though. We have no vision into their agreements.

I admit, I was fully expecting BioMutant to go to GP on release in the same way as Outriders did at the last minute, solely because I actually pre-ordered it.

Anyone else finding it weird to not buy any games?

Yes, but GPU sucked me in. Microsoft got me. It’s just too cheap. I’m weak.

I don’t even know what the heck Solasta is, sounds like blood pressure medication. Guess I need to do some homework.

Whew, I thought I was the only one out of the loop :)

It’s the latest shiny Baldur’s Gate type isometric CRPG.

I wish that bug bit me.

Man Eater! Now thats a proper gamepass game.

I’m pretty sure it’s a flea and tick medication.