~The Game Pass Thread~

It’s a twofold problem in general on PC. The app has problems with managing content that leads to games not installing, running, or being able to be properly uninstalled. Then the other issue is that the PC Game Pass version of a game frequently has its own issues and bugs that are absent from the regular PC version.

Damn it, overwhelmed with too many good games right now. And here’s more I already had my eye on.

Skatebird (September 16)
Aragami 2 (September 17)
Sable (September 23)
Lemnis Gate (September 28)
Astria Ascending (September 30)

I’m going to have to be extra picky. Maybe only try Sable and Lemnis Gate.

Oh yeah, Sable! Almost forgot that one. The demo was really good.

I really liked the first Aragami. Looking forward to that one.

After my mandatory Sekiro session last evening, I checked out Game Pass for anything new and found Crown Trick, Nuclear Throne, and The Artful Escape. I gave each of them about a 15-minute trial run and they all seemed excellent. And they just showed up on my computer like poof.

TLDR: game pass is güd

Nuclear Throne is excellent. I haven’t played it in years but just yesterday I was thinking about going back.

Yeah, I’m guessing most folks who are interested have played that already but not me. It’s been on my Steam wishlist for years but I never pulled the trigger for whatever reason. (Chunky-pixel graphics, probably.)

RIP Vlambeer! They had a real knack for how a game feels.

Also one of the best theme songs on game history.

Thanks for the recommendation on Nuclear Throne. I would have ignored it since I’d never heard of it.

Oh gosh, it’s so good, but it’s HARD. Harder than Atomicrops, I think, although it’s much more focused.

Oh hey, it has its own thread. It’s not very descriptive though, so I can see why I never noticed the name before.

That was 2016 before there were 6000 new indie roguelites per day and you had to include the elevator pitch in the thread title so everyone knew what you were talking about.

I’m not sure how you missed Nuclear Throne though.

Anyway, Enter the Gungeon was the wrong choice for me back in 2016. I didn’t like it. I never did play Nuclear Throne.

Hey, Subnautica: Below Zero is coming to Game Pass! I really should play the first game so I can get on the sequel.

Same here. I got quite a ways into it, but I didn’t know about beacons so whenever I would return to the game, I’d get lost as to where I was and what I’d already done.

I need to start over and this time do beacons if I can.

Also, I wonder if playing the sequel spoils the events of the first game?

They’re largely the same as far as gameplay is concerned. I’d just pick one of the two and play it.

Not really.

Tainted Grail coming to Game Pass? No way!!

Awww, we’re getting Superliminal soon. I just got that through Humble Bundle. Damn it. The Humble Bundle is such a waste of money for me. I really should cancel it. Maybe.

Is that something to be excited over? It’s got a cool name! What is it?

Let’s see:

Explore the ever-changing maps, fight with deadly enemies, and learn what happened to the cursed island of Avalon in this unique, infinitely replayable, story-driven hybrid between a deck-building Roguelike and an RPG game. Create your own combos out of hundreds of cards and learn how to survive in a dark, unforgiving world shrouded by a mysterious, deadly force known as the wyrdness.

Hmmmm, deck-building? I’m out! Sounds cool though.

There is a lot more RPG than is contained in most card battlers, and if it’s on Game Pass you can give it a shot for an hour or so with very little risk. I encourage you to try it unless you really really really hate card battlers.

The first game mentioned here, coming out tomorrow, Flynn, sounds pretty cool, potentially.

Trailer looks charming.

I like platforming, but not 2D platformer combat usually. Game Pass seems perfect for trying it out.