~The Game Pass Thread~

No, I must be thinking of another service, because the one I’m thinking of wasn’t particularly Japanese-oriented. The series were usually comedic, of maybe 10 minutes per episode or so. They would hook you by letting you watch the first episode or two free.

Am I thinking of Crackle?

Just as I warned my friend about Windows 10 / GamePass installs sometimes taking up space once-twice and not acknowledging the usage of the first install, like what happened with my 100GB Halo Master Chief Collection, guess what goes and happens with the 101GB install of Forza Horizon 5?

FUCKING OBFUSCATED FILE SYSTEM.

Pretty messed up. I’m thinking, partition a drive and have Game Pass install games there. Format if that happens.

Ludicrous that something like that might be necessary but I think that should take care of the problem of it pops up. How insane to lock down install folders like that. Also insane not to free to disk space.

You can regain control of the folders if you need it. You have to change ownership of them.

Do we have somewhere a list of qt3 xbox gamertags to add as friends? It would make FH5 more fun.

edit: well, I added the names of several people from Tom Chick, Telefrog and Rock8man friend lists, the one whose names I would recognize. I’m Turin Tur by the way.

This is what I do but…at one point GP decided to install the games to C even though it had the games drive listed in install destination, I found out when I got an alert C was out of space. PC GP being such a mess is one of the reasons I broke downa nd got a Series S.

Yeah we had a google excel list at some point, but I forget the weblink! :D

I thought it was this, but it’s not working for me.

https://creatorapp.zoho.com/tagjosh/qt3-gamer-tags-2014/#View:Qt3_Gamer_Tag_Input_Form_View

Yeah thats it, and it works but you need a free Zoho account I think.

List is out of date no doubt. :P

WTF is Zoho? Wouldn’t be easier to use a Google spreadsheet?

Something called ‘DEEEER Simulator’ is coming to Game Pass on the 23rd and, well … just watch the embedded video in the tweet.

Something that apparently worked better in 2014 than it does today. :D

You can, but you have to be careful. It can break your Xbox app install. Which then can’t be reinstalled, it just errors out constantly. Gotta reinstall the whole OS at that point.

Whatever Microsoft’s intent was in locking down these folders, fuck that. It’s not worth it. And FFS if they’re going to make it so users can’t do something as simple as deleting a file they better damn well make sure that they do it right themselves 100% of the time.

Yeah the one time I had issue with gamepass installed games I discovered the easiest fix was to move all the steam, epic, et al libraries off the drive, format it, and then transfer those libraries back and reinstall the gamepass games.

This should not be the easiest way to fix an install issue. MS is braindead on this point. Integrating your games client with the OS is also just the dumbest thing imaginable.

I added you!

The biggest issue for me with the file obfuscation is it breaks Windows own functionality to set executable properties to override high DPI behaviour.

I have to use this occasionally to fix games that don’t play so well with Windows scale settings (I run 300% on my 4K TV), and you can’t do it easily on MS store games because the executables are hidden/protected. :P

My Ultimate expired as expected. Thankfully @lostcawz mentioned disabling reoccurring because mine was set to expire yesterday and bill today. I was pretty happy with myself at that point until I went to fire up Forza last night and was presented with the you need to buy this game…UGH!!
I guess they shut you down before midnight in your time.

Now to find the best Gold deal. Costco has them for $55 a year which seems fair. Has anyone seen cheaper anywhere (that isn’t like weekly codes or something I don’t want to enter 3 years of that). I’ll check around at the usual suspects and see if I can find any better offers.

Newegg regularly has it on sale for $50, but not at the moment. Otherwise costco is indeed the best normal deal.

You can also set your Xbox region to India and connect to Bengalaru with a VPN and get it cheaper that way, but it seems like a lot of effort.

I had that issue a few times… I just had to remember to adjust the Windows scale settings before loading the game.

I would like that kind of easy solution to my Forza Horizon 5 problem!