~The Game Pass Thread~

Yep, that’s it. New or previous but you must be currently lapsed. Apply the gold code(s) for however many months up to 36. Then upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate it will tell you something like Xbox live months will be converted and I think it showed my future date before the next charge before I fully committed.

Awesome, thank you for the detail that you must be currently lapsed. I just joined for a free month, and was about to do the whole deal. I’ll wait a month!

Also, this shit is crazy! I installed 10 games, and have another 10 waiting in my ‘wishlist’. What a remarkable service.

That expire already? I checked a few hours ago and didn’t buy it at $50, but it’s back up to $60 now.

Ok, why exactly isn’t the Skyrim Anniversary edition part of Game Pass?

The only instance I know of where Game Pass has included the expansion/DLC/Ultimate edition of a game instead of the base version is Gears 5, which had the Ultimate edition for Ultimate Game Pass members. Other than that, it’s always been the base game, and then you buy the DLC/Edition upgrades yourself.

This is more of a different beast IMO, more akin to a remaster release. It’s a graphics update to a 10 year old game.

Ok, it has expansion packs included still, I think it’s another odd call from Microsoft following still selling Early Access while promised Day 1 first part on Game Pass.

From what I understood from the new Skyrim thread, there’s a bunch of stuff that got added to Skyrim Special Edition, (so that’s part of game pass), and then there an addition 40 curated mods that are also added to the anniversary edition if you pay for the $20 upgrade. So the graphics/fishing/other updates to Skyrim Special Edition are indeed free.

The Xbox app for Win10 continues to be crappy. Installs/downloads initiated from it aren’t showing up/matching/reflecting in the MS Store downloads queue and do or don’t start depending on the whim of unseen forces.

I had that weird won’t start thing too. I was like, “I swear I clicked that!”

It’s amazing how garbage the app is.

Seriously. Microsoft is a total conundrum. They make some really great stuff, difficult stuff, but then totally whiff on the most basic of things. I know it’s a very large company and all but I don’t understand it.

It’s why I’ve had a love/hate relationship with their gaming division since the very beginning. For all they got right with Xbox (and PC) over the years, there are all these other things they got so completely wrong that it’s honestly grating how badly they cock it up.

It really is! During the day, I work with .NET, Visual Studio, Azure, you name it. Then I go home and can’t get a game to uninstall or update?! And of course before this it was the joy of Games For Windows Live and things like that.

Just so incredibly frustrating how the gaming division can’t seem to get the very basic stuff right. Adding, removing, and updating games should not be difficult or something a user has to think about in 2021. Yet here I was this week, fucking around with Auditing and folder ownership to liberate 400-500GB of SSD space the Xbox app was refusing to give up, irrevocably breaking my Xbox app in the process which in turn required a fresh OS install. Crazy!

Yeah, same here. :sadface:

Has anyone tried Unpacking? I kind of love it. After an hour of Sekiro and another hour of Forza, 20 minutes of calm, meditative Unpacking is just what the videogame doctor ordered.

Combination of inventory Tetris and cleaning? Two things I hate doing!

I tried out Unpacking this morning, it’s interesting enough for a lark. Suddenly very much want to listen to Radiohead’s “Everything in Its Right Place” for some reason.

edit: and I apparently beat the game today, after a few off and on sessions but I can’t imagine more than 3 or so hours altogether. Interesting game, at least doesn’t outstay its welcome. And it’s kind of fun to see the player character’s life unfold as you go through series of moves and unpackings.

Looks like we’ll be getting the newest mortal kombat soon.
XGP’s social is posting pics of it.

Been playing a bit of Art of Rally, fun game.

Sea of Thieves is cool too. I’m super late to that party. Gorgeous on a new tv.

Leaving November 30

• Call of the Sea (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • FIFA 19 (Console and PC) EA Play
  • Football Manager 2021 (PC)
  • Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition (Console and PC)
  • Haven (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Hello Neighbor (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Morkredd (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Va-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action (PC)

Leaving December 8

• Destiny 2: Beyond Light, Shadowkeep, and Forsaken (Cloud and Console)

(Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Evil Genius 2, Exo One, Undungeon, and More - Xbox Wire)

Weird, My Friend Pedro is coming back.

*Gasp *. Mortal Shell! My patience pays off again! And by patience I do mean not having time for it. Now the challenge will be to find time for it before it leaves Game pass.

You finished it, right @Kolbex ?