~The Game Pass Thread~

Rain on my Parade is, if I remember right, an interesting puzzle game where you’re a cloud trying to ruin people’s picnics. I played it for a few minutes and chuckled a few times. The goose game is better, but this is in the same genre.

The Nintendo family plan is pretty similar. I have that with a friend as well.

Though, because of black friday deals, I think I am paid up on Game pass ultimate through the fall.

Probably worth considering in the fall though.

Well, it’s more a kids game than Goose game. I gave it to my 5 years niece, and with a little of help mine, she did most of the game.

My experience with MLB 21 on Gamepass was… patchy.

I play all of these sports games in Be A Legend mode as one player with everyone else as AI and the streaming version of The Show consistently forgot my account details and deleted my created player.

In one instance MLB forgot who I was in the middle of a game, so partway through an inning the glorious ginger mullet of Randy Sweetcakes was replaced with a default player called something like FIRSTNAME LASTNAME (F1 fans rejoice).

It also felt like there was a lag on the pitching motion thing you had to do, but that was at least consistent enough that you could learn to work with it.

My Genius plan of filling up on 2-3 yrs of GPU and then promptly go on to discover I freaking love soulsgames and play only those for a year is starting to show its downsides. Ah well, I’ve at least felt like I did good in the value meta game!

Has anyone else been having issues with the Game Pass page on Xbox (Series X specifically, but I imagine it would be the same on Xbone) recently? For the last couple of weeks it’s been really flaky about loading in the tiles, and sometimes just says to go to the Store instead.

It’s been slow for me but I don’t think it’s ever sent me to the store page. This is on both series S and my new X for about the last 2-3 weeks.

Streaming version? How does that even work? I have the game preinstalled ready to hit the can’t connect message before I go to bed tonight. :) I don’t think I have it in me this year to play much DD. It’s such a grind to end up with the same pile of cards that you already grinding for 6 months prior. And I SUCK at online play. So I pretty much avoid it now. I can not catch up to a fastball in HOF or higher online. Sigh

It’s in the “Cloud Gaming” section of Gamepass. You can play a cloud version of Formula 1 too, which sounds horrific.

Especially if it forgets who your driver is halfway through a race.

I also never play the multiplayer version of any of these games, so I don’t need to worry about cards and crap like that.

I can’t imagine playing a timing based game like The Show streaming, as I have enough trouble judging pitches as it is, but I suppose you would adjust.

I played a little bit of 2021 on the cloud and it seemed to work fine but I wouldn’t want to rely on that.

Is MLB 2022 The Show available on PC with game pass via streaming? I never got around to playing 2021.

I had some issues on PC last week. Updates to the app and a reboot fixed it.

Yeah it will be:

MLB The Show 22 will be available with Xbox Game Pass at launch on April 5 for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and with Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta), Ultimate members will also have access on PC and mobile devices.

Thanks!

Oh wow even if it doesn’t work great that’s still cool that you can do that on the PC. If they can freaking port it to the Xbox and the Switch they sure as heck can do it on the PC. Maybe next year they will give an official version? Would be nice. Few more hours and I can try and login and then go to bed. ;)

I just want to start a franchise and put every single Met on the injured list for accuracy.

FWIW, while Elden Ring isn’t on Gamepass, and may not ever be, I did use a bunch of the MS rewards to grab a $25 MS gift card I used to get the price down…

This seems promising. Day one on Game Pass.

Perfect Gamepass game, I’d never pay for that but I’d definitely try it out for free on Gamepass.

I’m pretty stoked about Citizen Sleeper. I really liked In Other Waters, and I’m impressed at the ambition of the follow-up. It could fall apart for exactly that reason, so, hey, glad to hear it’s a no-risk proposition on Gamepass!