~The Game Pass Thread~

I also was not aware! Downloading now!

Oh man, this is kind of a throw back to the old 4 player arcade cabinet, isn’t it?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_profile-xbo_topother/game-pass-subscription-cancellations/361b0608-c07b-41e8-9536-f6cb79318b88

Xbox has identified a fraudulent group of resellers who were stacking multiple instances of the PC introductory offer and converting it to Game Pass Ultimate. To resolve this issue, we have notified the impacted users individually prior to having their fraudulently acquired subscriptions cancelled.

Would be nice if they provided more info. What resellers, how does it work exactly…

Maybe that’s where the eneba deal originated? Unlikely it would impact those of us who converted XBLG as that wasn’t an intro offer.

Even cheaper now!

Wow, so that deal is actually 3 months of Xbox gold time for $7.40… so if you don’t have a gamepass sub already, that’s gamepass ultimate for $2.46 a month, which is crazy pants.

Yes indeed, that is an INSANE deal for new subscribers.

Even if you don’t have an Xbox or gaming PC, would probably be worthwhile for xCloud alone.

Lol I got 2 keys and there was some random deal for paying with PayPal so 100 days of gamepass for an existing sub cost like $4. Already redeemed, so it works.

Outstanding!

You can get free games for three years… or get half a tank of gas.

So I have a subscription to PC Game Pass (not Ultimate) which says, “Next charge on September 25, 2022, $9.99 plus applicable taxes.”

Should I be grabbing one of these deals now? I don’t have a Series X or any interest in xCloud so I plan to stick with PC Game Pass. Any advice on how I should handle my subscription for the best deal?? Thanks!

You gotta shut off automatic renewal IIRC. Then you can load up your account on “normal” subs. Then you can do the conversion to ultimate (for up to 3 years at a time).

Yes, convert to ultimate so you can take advantage of these deals.

Or buy three years of XBLG now and convert it into GPU after your PC sub expires. That would be even better.

Thanks, just bought 4 of them and topped of my Ultimate subscription for 3 years again.

Replaying Dragon Age Origins now through the EA membership so I can have the ultimate edition.

Be advised though, there’s always the chance that the rebate rate will change before September… But I’ve been assuming Microsoft works fix this loophole for ages, and they never do.

I doubt they’ll ever change the conversion rate.

I do expect them to stop selling XBLG entirely at some point though.

Thanks for the advice! I’ve been waiting to do anything until that expiration date in case anything changes. (Also because I think it’s confusing as shit.) Guess I’ll deal with it in September.

Converting an IRA is less confusing and better documented.

I’m so confused I can’t even tell if that’s sarcasm or if you agree with me!

I think we all agree with you, but the thing to remember is that we are exploiting loopholes in how MS markets and sells Gamepass. I am sure they are aware of this, but are turning a blind eye because its boosting their subscriber numbers and they aren’t confident they can bilk us for the retail price yet. I am sure that will change eventually.