~The Game Pass Thread~

But now I don’t gotta worry about it until 2025!
I’ll likely be dead by then! Joke’s on you, corporate fat cats!

Well look at that :) Gave Cloud a try with X-Ray Sniper and English Forza. Pretty cool tech but my resolution wasn’t great. Forza squandered all the goodwill of the immediate start with incomprehensible menus and unskippable DLC adverts, but thumbs up from me all the same.

MSFS works well too. I don’t know what settings the Xbox version is using but it looks great.

Origins won’t let me even try to start it though. Wonder why. Halo Infinite works well but the limited view (used to ultrawide) and gamepad control are challenging for me. Very nice how easy it is to check things out.

So what controls whether something has a Cloud version or not?

Licensing, I assume.

AC Origins definitely works on xcloud, at least on Android.

And now even cheaper yet! How low will it go?!

Must be Sweeps week.

You’re correct, and for my part I’m hoping @stusser gets picked up for at least one more season, but either way I’m impressed he’s got this much sway with XBL code resellers!

I never seem to get these things right. I bought four of the 3-month XBLG codes and redeemed them (unfortunately) with the instructions at CD-Keys, after turning off my recurring sub for PC Game Pass. Now I have 12 months of XBLG in my account, but without a way to upgrade to Ultimate 1:1. I failed at this, didn’t I?

Nevermind. I see in the Bargain Thread that MS will convert the whole thing, not just 1 month, when I do the upgrade path. All is well. Whew.

Except, wow, that was convoluted. The offer vanished and refreshed to a buy for $16.99/month. I decided to click that and then read after a couple screens that it would still upgrade all my subscription from Gold to Ultimate, so it ultimately worked. That was after I added another year (2 years is enough for now; I have enough gaming for the rest of my life at this rate).

Right, the $1 deal is an introductory offer, if you already had GPU it should cost $14.99. Don’t know where $16.99 came from, unless you’re in a different region and the $ aren’t US$.

Yep, sorry, that was CAD.

Still, amazing offer. I was paying something like $13.59/month for just PC Game Pass. Now, paid 1/3 of the price over 2-years for the upgraded Ultimate. I’m okay with that.

Value is unquestionable, and if you get an Xbox you can play games there too-- and stream xCloud to your computer, phone, or tablet.

I’m afraid if I move from PC Game Pass to Ultimate then I’ll end up buying an Xbox Series X and I reeeeeally don’t need that.

but you totally want it

SHUT UP!

That’s basically why I bought my XSX, to mess around with Game Pass. I don’t have a library of Xbox games purchased over the years since I primarily game on PC, and Game Pass instantly provides that.

How limiting/annoying do folks find DLC and lack of modding (though I know modding is starting to be allowed)? Most games on gamepass are expected just base versions, and it looks like the DLC deals on the store pale in comparison to things like Steam. Or do folks just play the base game, and wait to pick up GOTY editions with everything in some future blowout Steam sale?

I find lack of DLC annoying, but it’s a minor annoyance and you can always buy it (even if I may find it hard to justify owning DLC for a game I don’t really own).

Many games on gamepass include dlc. Like destiny when it was on gamepass included all the dlc until that point.

Not really. I don’t buy much DLC to begin with, and for the few Gamepass games that I’ve wanted to, I have. Modding is much more of a pain.

I’m playing through Yakuza 6 with a few mods and it was pretty effortless since they let you access the game files easily now.

I had to buy an Xbox controller because getting Playstation controllers to work with Gamepass games is too hard