~The Game Pass Thread~

You didn’t warn me that this was going to take over an hour. Oh man, I wanted to play some games tonight. Instead, I’m stuck on this webpage as it takes 15 minutes to tell me the password I picked to register is not a valid password. Try again, and keep in mind it will take 15 minutes to tell you if it’s valid.

Edit: In the end, I got my code though. So thank you. 30 days of Xbox Game Pass for PC translated to 20 more days of Ultimate Game Pass.

Age of Empires Definitive Edition is getting flagged by AVG as having multiple active viruses. I should ignore that and create exceptions for them right? Microsoft wouldn’t purposely spread malicious viruses through Age of Empires, I don’t think. Gulp. Here goes.

It’s probably the DRM they use to unpack the files without you having access to them.

Maybe. But then why only Age of Empires? Why not the other Game Pass games as well?

Empires is a really old game so could be something that trips modern AV software.

I played that thanks to a MS rewards quest to earn 2 achievements. ‘Not for me’ is an understatement in my case. Grindy, obtuse, and worst of all, really stingy with achievements.

But hey, now I have an opinion on the game. I don’t even consider the experience a net negative even though I immediately uninstalled it.

Looks like Dead Cells will be added to GP in September.

Think of how good of a deal Game Pass is now, and then think of how bonkers of a deal it’s going to be when Microsoft’s new first-party acquisitions really start spitting out exclusives for it.

I can only imagine how much cash Microsoft is burning through right now, establishing Game Pass as a service, when virtually no one is actually paying MSRP for it.

Damn, I’m tempting to join for 4.99 for 3 months, just because it has the AoE 2 DE Beta (at least it looks like it does).

Nevermind, I misread it. It looks like the beta is for the service. The game won’t be out until November and no beta access through the service.

They need a family plan or something. My son has a kid account on my family account. I want to play something like sea of thieves with him. Apparently I need to get 2 full gamepass accounts for that, but given the amazing clusterfuck that the family (child) account system is, My guess is that it’ll freak out when I sign up.

And that’s a full fat subscription (15 a month) since it’s not under the existing gold account which got the 3 year deal.

unlesss i’m missing something stupid.

Kingdom Come: 66 GB? Geez. I’ll have to uninstall a lot of stuff if I want to play that one from Game Pass. I see that DiRT Rally 2.0 has now grown to almost 88 GB, but I don’t want to uninstall that, I still play it daily.

Maybe once I’m done with Dark Souls 3, I can uninstall that (27GB) and try out Kingdom Come after uninstalling a few smaller games.

I did install Ape Out though. That looks very interesting.

Played quite a bit of My time in Portia and enjoyed it for the most part but there was several things that annoy me that are fixed with mods. But you apparently can’t mod most gamepass/windows store apps as I found out. So another strike against game pass.

Still glad I got it, but I doubt I will be renewing (in 2021 lol)

It’s a fantastic little game but it does have some rough edges. What mods were you thinking of? I played through it without the first time, but could see doing some modding on a future run.

Just some inventory tweaks and the ones that remove the delay from things like the taxis and such. Nothing major but I am at the point where my desire to keep playing vs the game’s natural grindy nature was coming to a head.

Ah, OK. Yeah, that’s easy to understand - what was a cute animation ceases to be after a few years of game time.

Dun dun DUNNNNN

Bard’s Tale IV Directors Cut is showing up now, for a few days already?

And on August 30th , the Blair Witch should drop.

Looks like I have to update my app again.

More going bye bye, all Xbox:

• Battleblock Theatre
  • Joyride Turbo
  • Lego Batman 2
  • Onrush
  • The Maw

For those of you without an xbox:

You can add this month’s great gold games to your MS account.
They’ll be free to play with your ultimate sub if you ever pick one up.

Forza 6 was worth my 30$ :)

There’s also a windows store sampler that’ll probably be delisted soon:

With Gears 5 coming out next week and Game Pass being 5 euros for three months now, I again subscribed, and I have to happily report that I tried downloading Blair Witch, and so far it actually works! The download hasn’t crashed once and it is at 32% already! This is incredible because everytime I tried to download anything from Windows Store or Xbox App previously (few months back the last time), the downloads were constantly getting interrupted with errors and it was annoying as fuck.
Finally!

Game pass offers significantly better value for your money if you can actually download and play the games.