~The Game Pass Thread~

Agreed. It has often been mysteriously unreliable for me.

I had a ton of issues in my first few weeks as a subscriber but they cleared up when I checked to make sure Windows was fully updated.

I wonder what’s different for other players since I have never had any significant issues downloading games from the Window’s store prior to GP or from the Xbox app. Glad it seems to be working better for most.

I’ve had a few issues with the Windows store, mainly downloads gettting stuck and having to start all over again (and a horrible FH3 DLC issue), but no issues with Game Pass so far.

So Kingdom Come is giving me choppy frame rates in cut scenes. I found an easy fix online that involves editing the user.cfg file BUT I can’t open the Windowsapps folder to access the game files. Looks like I need to change privileges to get at it but this made me worry it would only mess things up further. Has anyone dealt with this kind of issue for a Game Pass game?

New games for September -

Yes, I have bitched about this several times. Editing the permissions on the root WindowsApps folder or whatever it is called so far has had no repercussions. Finding the config file for my game was a giant pain, but doable.

Oh nice. I almost pulled the trigger on Rad and Creature in the Well last week, on the Summer Spotlight games, but decided to wait. And now Creature in the Well is coming to Game Pass! Wooo! I’m sure Rad (the Double Fine game) will get there eventually too.

Btw, if any of you don’t have Dead Cells yet, you’re in for an incredible treat.

Oh btw, embedded in that post, I found the link to the PC version:

Looks like the same games coming to PC as well, minus Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 HD, but PC version is also getting something called Bad North: Jotunn Edition. Anyone heard of that? And PC version is also getting Shadow Warriors 2. But I think everyone on PC already owns that, I think it was given away on GoG.

I continue to see if Night Call works yet, and it still didn’t as of this weekend.

I did find this thread on the Steam forums for the game and this issue:

It sounds like the developers say that the issue is with the Xbox Companion App, and it will be fixed when the Xbox Companion App gets updated next, whenever that will be.

I don’t eat Kellogg’s products, otherwise this might seem like a good deal:

https://www.kelloggsfamilyrewards.com/en_US/promotions/xbox-2019.html

Never was a Conflake girl myself.

Woo hoo Frosted Flakes!

Apparently Gears 5 stopped installing at 46% and errors trying to go further. Removing and trying again makes it start immediately at 46% and error out again. Guess I"m not playing it…

Some details on how many passes you can get (up to 2 months worth):

Just be warned, eating too many corn flakes has negative side effects.

DAsqCgNW0AE-t2y

Keep trying and also try to do a Windows update too to see if there has been an update you missed.

I think I killed that guy in Dark Souls.

I keep forgetting to mention it here but Ape Out is a really great little game when you have 60 seconds to 5 minutes to spare.

You play as an ape that’s super strong and can kill people and grab people and make them kill each other. Pretty cool power fantasy.

The only downside is that the game takes a really long time to load up the first time. So for such a perfect game to play in super-short sessions, it’s a real deterrent to have to wait so long for it load.

It’s on PC Only, not on Xbox, but it does have Xbox Live Achievements, for those that care about such things (including me).

I’ve played a bit of Creature in the Well and its really different! I am only a little ways into the game , just met a Frog doing some mopping.