~The Game Pass Thread~

Yeah, all the EA games get that 10 hour free trial thing, even if they don’t go on gamepass.

One caveat, is that if you try it out, make sure to kill the application when you’re done, to make sure that it stops the timer until you restart.

All the EA Games do eventually get in “the vault” (accessible via EA Play membership, which is included in GPU), but not at launch. At launch you get the 10 hour trial. If you’re then willing to wait a few months, it will be on there.

Yeah, their new big titles start out only being a part of ea play premium.

Valheim for Xbox coming 3/14. Yes, it’s still Early Access. But it is cross-play enabled! My friend that I played through Grounded with and I are anticipating this for more in the same vein.

I’ve been having fun with the new Mount & Blade: Bannerlord after bouncing off Warband. It feels like it’s slightly easier to actually hit things- still difficult and kind of wonky, but I feel like playing more might actually give me a better sense of timing and not be quite so difficult. That said, I’m also playing on basically full easy mode- the game has a ton of settings for difficulty. I got through all the bits in the Training area, and through the turotial part of the campaign, so now I’m in the open world trying to build up my Warband (which is all I really want from the game).

Not much new announced.

I didn’t know MSFS World Update was arriving in two days. New Zealand! Woohoo!

I’m curious to try out F1 22 in VR. Hope it works on the Game Pass version

Hmm, Soul Hackers 2 is a nice addition.

Yep, I’m excited about this one.

I bought a physical copy for the collection but have my One X packed away, so have been waiting for a good sale on digital to play on Series S.

Hmm, cyberpunk Japan sounds kinda cool but I’m pretty allergic to JRPGs. I’ll wait to hear some impressions. I’m curious about Merge & Blade, mainly because I have no idea what a puzzle auto-battler game is.

The Soul Hacker 2 reviews on Steam aren’t too kind. From skimming a few of them, they say to play the Persona games instead (if you haven’t played those, which I haven’t).

I’m looking forward to Wo Long and Soul Hackers 2. I’ll definitely be playing a lot of Wo Long.

I’m gonna wait for Wo Long 2: Wo Longer and just pick them up together in a bundle.

here’s a dumb question, I have a couple years of xbox gold I want to add to my account before converting to gamepass, is there a way to put the gold on my account without using my actual xbox?

Ok, I got my gold added via the gamepass app, is there a way to get the $1 for 1 month deal still? I click on it but then it brings me to a screen that wants to charge $15

yes, you can redeem codes.

I forget the website link, but if you hit the store button on your PC it should have “redeem code” in there. Make sure you’re on the right account.

Had to go see.

It released into EA on steam in June 2021 and never left. Looks like updates stopped after 2-3 months. Weird that it is joining Gamepass now.

You drop pairs of units onto a grid Dr Mario style, with groups of the same type upgrading into a better thing. Then your formation autobattles the bad guys.

If you’ve done the $1 deal before, then on subsequent times, it’s $15 to do the conversion. It’s still a great deal. All your Gold time will become UGP time for $15.

Ok, that’s what I was figuring but wanted to make sure before I pulled the trigger.

You can always just make a new MS account, if you don’t care about your history, saved games, etc. Thinking about it, I barely use my Xbox and I don’t think I’d do that to save fourteen dollars.

Wo Long AND Lo Wang? Dammit Game Pass!