~The Game Pass Thread~

This article from Polygon appears to have reached a similar conclusion:

That could mean that two things are true at the same time: Titles on Game Pass may see a decline in sales, and being in the library may still be a great deal for publishers and developers, in terms of supplementary compensation, exposure, access to a large player base (for multiplayer titles), and back-catalog sales. And it’s probable that Call of Duty is so large that Activision saw no real benefit in any of those.

Leaving at the end of the month:

• Alien: Isolation
  • Crown Trick
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ
  • Far: Changing Tides
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Madden NFL 21
  • Octopath Traveler

Is Octopath worth trying? I already own Alien: Isolation and Lightning Returns, so I can go back for those two any time. Far: Changing Tides’ puzzles are too hard for me. I hate looking up solutions in a game like that.

Bummer about Octopath leaving. I’ve tried it a few times and bounced off, but with OT2 coming out shortly thought I’d give it another try. Do we know if OT2 is coming to GP?

OT2 isn’t even announced for Xbox yet, let alone game pass :-/ but I don’t think the two games are related?

Wow, Alien: Isolation ends a four year run in Game Pass.

I doubt it. It seems like Square is slowly withdrawing all its games from GP. I’d be willing to bet they have made an agreement with Sony to not put their stuff on the platform in the near future. Or maybe I’m just being paranoid, who knows?

This seems like it would kind of be counter to the types of arguments Sony has recently been putting forward in the legal sphere.

Seems more like SE isn’t porting games to Xbox at all unless they get a game pass deal.

Yes, it’s got a very interesting art style and the combat system can be fun.

I’m not saying it’s worth finishing. The story telling is weird, but maybe it’ll work for you. I stopped playing around 15 hours in. Might go back. There are guides to cheese through it if you don’t like grinding.

I’m about 10 hours in, and had found it to be a pleasant low-impact thing to play while on the exercise bike. Love the visual style and the music, and the combat system is fairly interesting, though the random battles get repetitive. Don’t think there’s any chance of finishing it in the next two weeks, though I’ll probably at least try and finish everyone’s first chapter.

Octopath is worth trying but it wore out its welcome for me. Really weird difficulty spikes and repetitive battles wear on you. The storytelling conceit - of a variety of different characters having their own chapters that you can play at will - sounds interesting at first but leads to alot of dull narrative (in my opinion).

Still fun for half a dozen to a dozen hours.

Not sure if this is supposed to be sarcastic or not. There were reports that Sony does exactly this when signing times exclusives to their platform (i.e. PS5 exclusive for 1 yr and agree never to put on GP).

It’s just funny that instead of Sony making their streaming platform better, their plan would be to just try and prevent Microsoft’s from getting games.

Same for me. If you like that first hour of character exposition, and killing rats, you get it x8 in this game lol. Great art style, but seemed mega-grindy to me, and not in the fun way.

Yeah, every first chapter had a very similar structure. Now that I think back on it, it was actually quite a chore to even push through the early game. I do like the art style and the combat had its moments.

The repeated "starts"of each character is what killed that game for me. After I did that a number of times, I had gotten bored of the game because it didn’t seem like anything was progressing.

Can anyone confirm is Wild Hearts is on GP Ultimate (as part of ea play)? It pops up as the thumbnail for GP games a-z but isn’t actually there when I try to go to it to download it. Google has given me contradictory info.

It’s a 10 hour free trial. I looked at the option on my XboxX recently, but I didn’t have the space on my hard drive to install it, since I already pre-installed Atomic Heart.

Yeah, as far as I have seen it’s only the 10 hour trial that’s on GP. The actual, full game is not (although I’m betting it will be someday).

Well that’s kind of a bummer. But better than nothing at this point I guess. Thx