~The Game Pass Thread~

I have a question for you all about cloud gaming through the Xbox app on Windows:

Assuming a fast connection (mine is around 600 Mbps download), how long after hitting the Play button should I get a game to come up? Last couple of times I’ve tried I’ve sat there for over five minutes and all I get is the animated rocket ship. Tried first with Hi Fi Rush and the second time with something I thought would be simpler, Inkulinati (sp?). Same result both times.

I ascertained that I could indeed play via the cloud by trying Peggle 2, and that worked.

So around when should I just give up? Do I need to hit play and take a thirty-minute walk or something?

It shouldn’t take more than a few seconds for it to come up.

In windows? The first time you launch a game it should pop up a screen asking you to give it permissions to share your data. Maybe you are not logged in properly or this screen is not popping up for you

Yeah, I would assume something is blocking the pop-up from showing for you. It usually takes 5-10 seconds for me to be in-game, but you do have to click the permission thing…every single f’ing time. They really should be able to work out some way to give blanket permission.

Yep, in Windows. Definitely didn’t get that pop up screen for the two games, just the animated rocket that never goes away. I thought that pop up screen came up after that though?

I experienced the same thing even on the Series X though, at least once.

…and for some reason it’s just working fine today (well, I’m having a bit of an issue with Hi Fi Rush–I think it’s not the best choice for Cloud gaming, what with the extra latency introduced. Either that or I’m a rhythm-less clod).

Just finished Norco on game pass, and have really mixed feelings about it. Anyone else play it? Though it definitely has its moments, it felt a little too pretentious with its writing at times. Reminded me a little of Disco Elysium, though I thought that hands characters were much more memorable.

I ended up putting it down in the middle (at the point when I was sneaking into the mall?) partly because the writing style wasn’t gripping me, although I was curious about the main characters. A lot of neat elements, but it didn’t come together for me, personally. I found Citizen Sleeper and Pentiment both more interesting as stories and games.

Is the trick coming to an end?

For those who can’t be bothered to click, the 1 dollar for a month deal is gone, but you can still do the gold to gamepass conversation, for the time being.

I don’t think that changes the $15 subscription trick, just the $1 one that you can do once.

That’s right, but the writing has been on the wall for like three years. It’s gonna happen sooner or later.

MLB is out. I am very rusty, as I always am at the start of the season. Lost my training game 16-3, giving up 10 runs in one inning.

There’s a reason for Spring Training, it turns out.

I just checked the leaving soon section on xbox and Quantum Break is there.

Missed this with the earlier announcement so if anyone is close to finishing now might be the time.

1 Like

Next to get ejected:

• Battlefield 1943
  • Battlefield Bad Company
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2
  • Dungeon of Naheulbeuk
  • Life is Strange Colours
  • Long Dark
  • Moonglow Bay
  • NHL 21
  • Panzer Corps 2
  • Quantum Break
  • Riftbreaker

Colours was just added to PS++ for those of us with both subscriptions.

Hey cool, Loop Hero is coming to Game Pass (and Xbox)! Always meant to try that one.

Oh hey, two months of Peacock Premium Plus? I hope that’s not just for new members but also for lapsed members. I want to watch Poker Face.

It’s super fun - and I will be happier to play it on the xbox!

Also, Remedy has posted about Quantum Break’s status on GP:

Whew - I’ve been planning on playing that and had no chance of doing it before it was removed.

I bought this shortly after release never even unwrapped it. At some point, realized it was on GP and thought, OK, will just download and play it. Read it was leaving Game Pass a few weeks ago and thought, OK, now’s REALLY a good time to play this.

Haha! Still haven’t played it!