~The Game Pass Thread~

Sea of Stars— hell yes. Actually, I’m excited about a LOT of these games. So many building and management games!

Thanks for your reply. I see a RE2 folder in My Documents, but it’s empty. I’ve searched my entire c: drive for “save”, “kalypso,” “Railway Empire 2”, and no luck. I’ve never had such difficulty finding a saved game. I need it because I plan to switch PCs soon, and I want to put my saved games in the cloud. Maybe they’re already there somehow?

If you right click the game in the left hand menu in the Game Pass app, then choose ‘Manage’ and then click the ‘Files’ header, there should be a ‘Browse’ button you can go to. Save files might be there?

Thanks for your reply. I already tried that. I find the game there, but no save game files.

Found this on Steam forums, but it sounds like you already looked here.

Thanks for your reply. Yep, I’ve tried that. c:\user\username\documents\My Games does not include a RE2 folder.

Long shot, but…I know when I first got this Win 10 laptop because I signed in with a Microsoft account (they tricked me!) it put a bunch of stuff into the OneDrive folder instead of where it might normally go (C:\Users<username>\OneDrive, etc), like my desktop! So, maybe check in there and see if there is an RE2 folder…

Wandering Village got a separate trailer, release date July 20th.

Good idea! But no dice. There’s a shortcut to RE2 there, but nothing else. Thanks for the idea, though.

This may work if you have a good search utility app like Everything. Launch Railway Empires, save a game, then use the app to sort files by date modified.

Downloading Everything now. Good idea!

A Microsoft rep actually answered the question for me on their forums:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\KalypsoMediaGroup.RailwayEmpire2_…\SystemAppData\wgs\

please replace “username” with your actual username on your PC.

This worked! Yay!

Man, that’s a really solid group. I already had Another Crab’s Treasure, Lamplighters League, Neon White, and Sea of Stars on my wishlist, and I’m intrigued by the first look at Wandering Village and Mecho Ball.

Has anyone done the Xbox Live Gold → Game Pass upgrade trick by using a code for Game Pass Ultimate (rather than a credit card purches on Microsoft’s website) for the final step? I’m asking since I can’t actually get that purchase to go through on Microsoft’s site (with no useful error message), and would rather not leave this account in a state where’s it’s got 34 months of totally useless Xbox Live Gold subscription time for any longer than I need to :-P

It feels like it should just work, but what has me worried is that literally all the instructions for doing the trick seem to do the final step with a purchase on Microsoft’s site. A Game Pass Ultimate code will be cheaper than the purchase, so it feels like if using a code worked, that’s what the instructions would recommend.

I mean, that seems like it should work but no, I haven’t tried it.

Mortal Kombat announcer:
Wave 2: Announce!

Doesn’t it seem like the new NFS came to EA Play/Game Pass faster than usual? I’m not even done with my 10 hour trial yet! (But I am enjoying the game so far).

edit: Oh hey, I noticed one of the Perks is now a 90 day free trial to DC Universe. I heard some Qt3 members praising that service. What’s on there that’s worth visiting?

Yeah. It was mega discounted already too. I did like my 10 hours so I’ll fire it up again.

I mean, if you like, or think you might like, reading DC comics, it’s fantastic.

All the movies and tv shows are gone to Max.

For posterity, it did indeed just work.

How come I can’t find Viva Pinata on the gamepass app, yet it is playable on a chrome browser?

I searched for “viva” in case it can’t handle the eñe, no luck.