~The Game Pass Thread~

I got it working. Downloading Metro Exodus, can I play that in HDR with an RTX card this way?

Also, I thought Forza Horizon 4 was Gamepass, no?

Yes, Forza 4 was. It seems a bit temperamental still. I finally got Metro to download, but not Heartland.

Wow, Crackdown 3 is pretty fun!

It turns out Microsoft are just absolute fucking idiots. Forza Horizon 4 Standard isn’t the fing base game, it’s the base game with some dumb ass drift pack, that they want $30 for. Assholes.

I searched for Forza and was able to install the base game itself

Crackdown 3 is hella fun, as I’ve been trying to tell people over in the thread.

So it’s $10 now or am I still confused?

Yeah, 10. 5 is limited time

Wow, this whole thing has been brilliant. Redeemed some Microsoft Rewards to advance my Gold Subscription and them subbed to Game Pass Ultimate and got everything pushed to June 2022.

I’m … confused.

So I’m just interested in this $1 PC pass thing. The site says " an introductory price of $4.99 per month (MSRP $9.99 per month)" and then the button has it at $1, 80% off. Okay, a little weird, but okay.

So as I understand it, it would be $1 for the first month and then $4.99/month thereafter until they decide the introductory price is over, then it goes up to $9.99. Is that right?

I think you got it right, yeah.

Which is plenty of time to play all the good stuff there. :)

wow there’s about 15 games that are either on my wishlist or I am quite interested in.

I managed to get 12 months for $1 with the conversion of Gold - I didn’t have gamepass but very happy with that.

Goodbye Humble Bundle I think.

Just so we are clear, you can get PC Game Pass now for a dollar and play any of the hundred games there including Metro Exodus, Outer Wilds and such?

That is kinda insane.

Yeah, and the PC game pass is $5 during the beta if you want to continue the subscription.

Edit: you do need the latest Windows 10 version though (1903), since it’s required for the Windows Store to support Win32 games.

Well, not Outer Wilds, it isn’t in the list right now.

So this is another client, alongside the Windows Store yeah?

I was looking here

which lists Outer Wilds but has console icon on it. But Metro does too and yet that is available?
Why does MS have to do everything so confusingly.

Took a lot of futzing but I have ended up with playable Metro for $1. Hoorah!

Dang - the game I was most interested in, Into the Breach, is listed as being included but shows up with a price tag when you click on it.

From the beta app: