~The Game Pass Thread~

Does anyone get told in the xbox beta app that

Due to a suspension, Xbox Live features may be limited

Not sure where this is coming from, especially since I haven’t used Xbox in a decade since I had a 360, and Microsoft’s Xbox enforcment website says there’s no enforcement history.

Nope. Then again, I didn’t have any Xbox console.

I got that too, and I’ve never paid for XBL Gold in my life, so there’s zero console multiplayer to be banned over. I think it’s just a bug.

Just got told by support

Upon checking here, the reason why we have a suspension features it is because it is still a beta

(bad grammar preserved from them :P)

I was able to download stuff from the Store directly, but don’t expect everything to be in the Game Pass section, you’ll need to do direct searches for a lot of games. Websites like TrueAchievements have been tracking what’s on the pass.

As far as I can tell, this is a client for the XBGPPCG only.

Is that acronym gonna catch on, you think?

Needs the word Games in it one more time.

Working perfectly for me. Installed the launcher, and have access to all the games I already owned, and now the gamepass games. They’re all showing for me, under the gamepass tab, and just “show all”. Currently downloading Astroneer and Metro Exodus.

Is the launcher that’s in beta pretty easy to find? When I left for work this morning, I manually told my PC to upgrade to 1903. And it was restarting a bunch of times. Will the new beta launcher already be installed once that’s done, or it’s something I have to track down from the Microsoft Store?

Once the 1903 update was done, the launcher was waiting to be installed. That was pretty fast. Then everything was up and running.

More new games coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC. Man, that really is a weird name isn’t it.

XBGPFPCG is the proper acronym, please start using it.

I wonder if Master Chief Collection will have its own achievements for the PC.

Edit: @stusser what does that last G stand for? Xbox Games Pass For PC G. Games? It’s not in the official name at least. Should be XGPPC.

Properly, it should be MSXBGP4PCG(Beta).

Technically, the B isn’t needed. Xbox is 1 word.

Make your mind up guys, I can’t keep renaming the icon.

6-10-2019%201-56-56%20PM

I was getting a steady 14 to 17 MB/S download on Metro Exodus (55GB). That seems faster to me than on Xbox 1. Does anyone know if it’s capped? Or if Xbox 1 was capped?

From a quick google, Xbones don’t get full gigabit speeds. XboneS caps out around 100Mbps and XboneX around 300Mbps.

Even 100Mbps is still 12.5MB/sec and games aren’t that big, so it shouldn’t be a huge deal.

I’m currently trying to download Metro and am getting 2-5MB speeds. Steam and the previous the Blizzard app both hit 25MB (which is my norm) in the last 24 hours. Crap.

EDIT: Just realized that after having a major outage in the area yesterday, my PC defaulted to the 2.4G signal. I moved over to the 5G and am getting into the upper teens and lower 20s now.

There’s stuff missing from that list, like Operencia. That and Void Bastards was more than enough incentive.