~The Game Pass Thread~

I’ve had to reinstall games because an update stopped half way through and couldn’t be resumed. It’s not labelled “beta” for nothing.

Yeah, all my issues seem to have been due to updates taking place that I wasn’t aware of, shutting down the pc while this was happening etc.

They need to make it a bit more obvious when something is happening.

This is sort of an odd tech issue I’ve been having with Prey on XGP PC. I’m on a 4k tv and for some reason I can only get Prey to work full screen if I set it to 4K. If I try 1440 or 1080 it doesn’t scale to full screen. In fact the only options in Video settings are Windowed modes. All other games are good. I’ve followed some tips online and dealt with the obfuscated Windows App folders discussed up thread but still can’t get it to change. Has anyone else here run into that? My Google Fu came up with a couple things like disabling DPI settings on the exe and editing a config file but nothing has worked.

In fact I can recommend a couple things not to do. I found instructions on getting access to the WindowsApps directory by changing permissions. Be careful if you start messing with that I totally pooched my XGP install and had to manually uninstall through PowerShell to get back to a working state.

I know most people have complained about slow downloads but I had the opposite problem, when downloading it totally sucks up all my bandwidth to the extent where streaming services failed to start. I’ve got 250 down too so that seems crazy. In the settings though there is no place to throttle that I could locate. What I did find is that you have to do is go to Windows Settings, Updates, Advance, Delivery Optimization and Advanced again and you can set global Windows Update settings which I read are what controls XGP. Just in case anyone else is looking. It did seem to make a difference for me but I’ve not tested extensively.

Uggg. Metro Exodus still doesn’t run great for me. Well, I guess it isn’t too bad yet. I played for an hour or so and crashed once. I just fear that more is to come. It was running fairly well and just disappeared.

Best time is now. If you wait the games’ll go away.

They’re adding another interesting one with GPU in a couple weeks:

Any of those good? Haven’t played any of the latest non-handheld Castlevania games, and never even heard of the Jurassic Park one.

Hmm none of them are mentioned to be on PC.

Right, these are the “games with gold” xbox-only titles. Included with GP Ultimate.

I was replying to the buying an xbox comment - sorry for the confusion.

Due to a mixture of poor impulse control and questionable financial decision making, I did pick up an Xbox on sale earlier in the week. (Xbox One X + Star Wars Jedi was £450 reduced to £290 for a Black Friday thing.) This Game Pass scheme is a gateway drug! The Jurassic Park game looks interesting btw, thanks for the heads up.

WHY IS THIS SO HARD???

Family finally heading to bed, I decide to get some Outer worlds time in and BAM. Apparently at some point Outer Worlds and another game had patches, those patches failed, and now the games are stuck in error mode.

Jesus.

Yeah MS keeps fucking this up with unhelpful errors

I tried to uninstall the game and now everything is in a permanently fubar state. Ok guess I didn’t want to play these games…

Edit: And tried to download a new game and now the xbox client is a blank screen. What a pile of crap.

The only good thing about the terrible client is that it will stay in beta for longer and there won’t be a price increase. (maybe)

Oh hey, Opus Magnum is on PC game pass. No one here told me!

I’ve always wanted to try that out.

Think it has been since launch.

I wish Into The Breach had achievements but I’ll still play it. Can’t go wrong with giant robots right?

Into The Breach is incredible. I love having it portable on switch but you can’t go wrong no matter where you play it.

More games coming to PC Game Pass soon.

Nothing on there interests me, but might give Reach a try.

Figured Planetfall would be coming to PC. Glad I can uninstall it from my Xbone now. Also looking forward to playing Pathologic.

If you are into the Truck Simulator games, I highly recommend giving Farming Simulator a try. It scratches much the same itch, but has a somewhat more developed economy/progression.