~The Game Pass Thread~

Yeah, it’s a shame that they caught the mistake before Dec 2021 when my current sub runs out. It always seemed like a long shot to me that they wouldn’t notice until then, so I wasn’t too upset.

I’m somewhat amused that PC gets Death’s Gambit and Console gets Death Squared. Both platforms get death, but each of a different type!

You are most welcome.

It seemed too good to be true at the time, and I guess it turned out to be. I don’t own an XBone in any case so I’ll probably just go back to the PC only plan or cancel.

So, is there anyway to switch back to regular Game Pass? I have ultimate game pass until April 2nd, which I think was the same length of time that I had the Game Pass originally, so I don’t think I lost anything except I’m now annoyed.

I was hoping PC game pass would get Outer Wilds and maybe even Control…
Shame

That seemed like a pretty good deal, so I looked at it - on the page it does say “Only works with NEW Xbox Live accounts. This code must be redeemed directly on the Xbox One Console ONLY.”

So doesn’t seem like it’d work for us filthy PC users.

So it does. The 3 month version does not have that extra warning…

I am having an issue installing games with the Xbox app on PC, some games just error out with a 80070002 code yet some will just install. Very very frustrating, uninstalled app, re installed it, rebooted etc but no fix, anyone have any ideas

I would only suggest making sure Windows 10 has all the latest upgrades. It surprises me each time that there’s more upgrades that haven’t been automatically done by Windows even though they were supposed to be done. One time I discovered the Xbox beta app on my PC was apparently three versions behind even though it had recently upgraded. It’s all very bizarre.

Don’t just check the windows upgrade section in settings in Windows 10, also launch the Microsoft store from its launcher, and go look for updates in that one too, it’s a separate thing even though it shouldn’t be.

There’s no way to downgrade from the $1/3 month Xbox GamePass Ultimate to GamePass PC. You have to let it expire then re-sub to PC-only.

The obfuscation of the file system has led to so many WTF moments when the install “fails” or it won’t install that can’t be fixed.

Yeah, guess not. They sent me a notification that they were switching me back to my previous plan but since that was the PC only plan they just turned off recurring billing (I just checked).

I’ve found these problems often clear up if you just wait a day or two and try again.

Bridge Constructor Portal is installed but it’s no longer loading for me. I get the splash screen and a black screen then back to the desktop. Anyone else have it installed? Is it working?

Downloaded for first time, associated Xbox Live account, ran fine. Enjoy that file system obfuscation.

Any idea if I reinstall, will it save my progress?

no idea.

Bridge Constructor Portal lists Xbox Live Cloud Saves as one of the features, so it should save your progress, yes.

You’re right! I reinstalled and now it’s working plus I didn’t lose my progress.

If you did the daily sub check your profile/chat in the app (I had to click on view profile on PC) to get a promo code for a free 2 week extension code!

I had done the daily subscription thing and just checked my subscription via the Xbox app - looks like they had sent out a mail that the daily sub is gone but they also included a 2 week promo code. Looks like I had recurring billing turned off (maybe similar to others I was on regular game pass so they couldn’t restart it) so when I went to redeem the code they gave me the 2 weeks + 1 month if I turned on recurring billing so free extension so far. Also - Final Fantasy XV?! And wolfenstein youngblood when I haven’t finished wolfenstein 2 yet?! And I’m still for some reason grinding on a F2P tower defense game (Arknights) when I should be trying to optimise my $1 subscription? Very mixed feels!