The golden age of horror: A Tale of Two Sisters (2003)

Title The golden age of horror: A Tale of Two Sisters (2003)
Author Chris Hornbostel and Barac Wiley
Posted in Features
When October 10, 2014

Chris: A Tale Of Two Sisters is a movie about lies and deceit. It is about a dark and terrible secret two people share but dare not speak of, even to each other..

Read the full article

One more note re: The Uninvited - that movie essentially inverts the roles of the sisters. The protagonist in it is the younger sister, and her older sibling is brash, talkative and outgoing - a real driving force, very much unlike Su-yeon in A Tale of Two Sisters. But they are definitely their respective movies' takes on the same character.

Finally got a chance to see this. What a gorgeously shot film. I have to admit, I was totally confused for most of it, and I agree with Chris, it's totally subtle, but yeah, that girl is haunting the house. How else to explain that weird dinner scene with the uncle where the woman has an apparent weirdo seizure while looking under the sink. The very same horrific flailing about that Su-yeon suffered as she died. I think the truly great reveal is that yeah, it's not just the stepmom, they both had a hand in the death of Su-yeon, and they are both haunted by it. Truly great movie.